Saturday 2 September 2017

Challenge #202 - Use Kraft Paper - Pink Gem Designs

Good Morning Crafters, over on the Pink Gem Challenge Blogspot its the turn of the Pinks Team to create a card and our host this time is Lisa and she has chosen for us to

Use Kraft Paper

and Ive got to be honest I find that its quite difficult to colour on it so I chose to use Kraft paper as a backing paper and I hope that it does'nt upset the balance of my card.
But before I show you what I have been up to, but firstly I must let you know who is sponsoring us and that is Janet Roberts of Pink Gem Designs go and visit the Pink Gem Designs website and see for yourself

 
what beautiful and stunning images and papers that she creates for you to play with and create cards with.
And here is the Card I created for this theme


This gorgeous image is titled "The Ark" and I printed a coloured image then cut it out completely ready to place it on my background you will find it here. 
The base card is again a 6.50"x 6.50" white card with a first mount out of blue card, the backing papers are from my stash I believe they are from Sweetshoppe Designs, and because of the water theme I have used three of them, the first a bubble one which I placed on top of my first mount, then I cut a smaller mount out of blue card and then layered up firstly the kraft paper which stood for my sky, then used a scalloped edge cutter and made two wave layers and tucked the cut out image behind the last one to make it look as if its sailing along in the water. To finish of I used some glaze over the portholes. The sentiment is one from my stash and was mounted up and placed in the top right hand corner and to finish of I have used several fish related embellishments and placed them down the left hand side.
Now that youve seen my Card I do hope that you will pay a visit to The Pink Gem Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "Use Kraft" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute and I love the additional bird and sea creatures

The Crafty Bat said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us over at Making Memories Crafting
Kelly (DT)

PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

Such a sweet birthday card.
Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything Goes.
Hugs, Tina – DT
Polkadoodles Challenge

Paddington fan said...

A super cute birthday card, love the watery papers and the little fishy buttons too! Thank you for joining us over at Making Memories Crafting this month, good luck in the prize draw and I hope we'll see you again soon, love Jacky x

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Your card is just adorable!!!! love it. Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything goes, xox