Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Paper Shelters 65th Challenge - "Bling it On"

Good Morning All, only a few more days and we will be of to Looe in Cornwall for a few days and meeting up with friends from Guernsey, Im so looking forward to it as Ive not seem my little friend "Nicolas" (my friends little boy) for almost nine months and as hes a year old tomorrow its going to exciting to see how well hes grown and probably almost walking. Anyway thats enough chatter from me, this weeks Challenge over at The Paper Shelters Blogspot is "Bling it On" and Im sure if your anything like me you have lots of bling in your stash so girls get it all out and start making your cards.
As always our very generous sponsers are Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter and they are offering a prize of $20.


to spend on their website, thats providing you have used one of the gorgeous products on your card, but even if you havent they will still give your three images of your own choice. The are always updating their website with lots of new images and papers also accessories so you will really enjoy visiting The Paper Shelter Website to browse and no doubt spending your money, by the way they really are extremely good value.
Now back to this weeks Challenge, and this is my card.


I have used this gorgeous "Aerialist" for my card and you will find her here, Ive printed her onto white card and used my copic pens to colour her, then used a oval Nestabilitie Die to cut her out. I then used the Floral Oval for the mount out of pale lilac pearlescent card. The sentiment is one from my stash and has been stamped and mounted in the same way as the image.
The papers I have used are from the "Sweet Gardener" and you will find them here, the first paper is a green background with William Morris type flowers on, for my second layer I have used some hologram card and cut a square and used my Martha Stewart border and corner punch on it. Then across the middle I have wrapped a organza and wide satin ribbon across the middle which was attached to the back of the first mount.
I then used two gem swirls that have been stuck to the bottom left and top right hand of the card, and the last flourish I have used a large rose and stuck to the card with some punched out leaves in the top left hand corner.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope you will go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of my very talented Design Team have created for you, and hopefully it will inspire you to take part in this "Bling it On" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

12 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous fabulous colours too huggles Pops x x x

Lia said...

wonderful card shirley I love the colors and great digi
hugs Lia

Anonymous said...

love the color combination- a nice card
Hugs
Elma

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I like the image, the colour combo and the bling.
Kevin xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is stunning the deep rich colours suit that beautiful image perfectly, the bling is wonderful.
hugs
Lorraine x

heidy said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Shirley
A beautiful card love the image and fabulous colour's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Sarah said...

Awwww, this is beautiful Shirley, love the green and lilac colour combination x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, such a sweet image and beautiful details.
luv
Debby

Mina said...

she is gorgeous Shirley, so beautifully coloured (of course) and the colours are fantastic for her...love it...thanks for your lovely comment on my hop card
Mina xxx

Spyder said...

This is a super sweet card Shirley, I love the die cuts, always on my wish list! Lovely colours too!
and...I did tidy up, but then I made three cards!!
Happy crafting!
(Lyn)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, love the sweet image.....

Hugs
Judith