Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Paper Shelters 63rd Challenge - "Anything Goes"

Good Morning Everyone, well I do hope that you had a lovely bank holiday weekend, mine was a busy one, hubby went and did his volunteer job with the local steam railway on Saturday and then on Sunday we did our monthly shop, not exactly exciting but at least a necessary job. Anyway this weeks Challenge for The Paper Shelter is "Anything Goes" I know how much us crafters enjoy this challenge and Im sure there will lots of entrants for it, and of course as always we are being sponsered by Veronica and Pedro from The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous prize.


And they are offering a prize of $20. to spend on their website The Paper Shelter, unfortunately to qualify for this prize you must have used one of their products on your card, but at least if you havent they are still offering a prize of 3 digi images of your own choice, so you really carnt loose with this Challenge.
And here is my card for this Challenge.


And for my card I have used "Little Miss Grumpy" and you will find her here, I have printed her onto white card then used my copic pens to colour her, afterwards I cut her out with Nestabilitie Die Labels No.18 and then used the die again to draw around to create the mount for it. The sentiment is one from my stash which I though was quite appropriate for this little Madam.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card and for my first mount I have used is a deep purple card and on top I have used a backing paper that came actually with the image, so when you buy  the image you also receive this paper. I then used a doily cut with one of the Cheery Lynn Dies, this one is the Pastry one and I have inked the edges with one of my inkpads, then around the middle I wrapped two ribbons that have been attached to the back of the first mount.
The mounted image was then positioned in the centre and the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. I then cut out two swirls (which I have had for quite awhile) from the same purple card and these were positioned both sides of the image, I also used some of the left over paper (I actually printed out a second one) and with one of my rolled flower dies I created a flower for the top left hand corner which has been attached to the card with silicone glue on top of punched out leaves. The last flourish is the flower buttons that have had some ribbon threaded through the holes and tied in knots, these were stuck in the top let hand corner.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope you go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of my very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you will want to take part in this weeks "Anything Goes" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.co.uk/
http://flourishes.org/
http://oldiebutagoodiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.alwayscrafting.blogspot.co.uk/
http://smudgyantics.blogspot.co.uk/

21 comments:

Heidi said...

brilliant image, just like all of my daughters when they're being thwarted. love the pretty colours on this card shirley, hugs heidi x

Unknown said...

luv that image Shirley she is just too cute, a beautiful card.
Chris x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Shirley,love the image.xxx

Crafty Tazzy said...

Fantastic!!! thank you so much for joining in with the Creative Craft Challenge xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is so very beautiful I really love your choice of colours and design and that image is my all time favourite.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley, love the colours and the image is coloured so beautifully x

Suzie Q said...

Hi Shirley,
i know a few little madams like her lol x
thank you for all your lovely comments of late x
i.m still trying to play catch up and have just looked at all your lovely creations of late they are fab x
hugs
Suzie qx

heidy said...

Oh she's so cute Shirley!
Gorgeous card as always!
Hugs Heidy

Janice said...

Oh dear, she is a tad grumpy isn't she. Your card however is delightful & I love the flower, thanks for joining us at an OBAG, Jx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Shirley this little madam reminds me of my granddaughter when she gets a huff on lol. luv gina xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Sooo cute! Thanks for playing the FTTC...hugs ~S~

debby4000 said...

Love your grumpy fairy card Shirley.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

your coloration is alltime so great
Hugs
Elma

Monique's art said...

Beautiful card, love the colouring thanks for sharing at smudgy antics

Marie said...

Such a colorful, adorable fairy, Shirley. Love the hair. Thanks for sharing at FTTC.

I Don't Do Straight said...

LOL... she look well p'd off, gorgeous colouring and great choice of colours. Thanks for joining use at Smudgy Antics this week :)

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Oh, I love the look on her face! Great colouring of this image and a super card.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week

~Lady B~ said...

Beautiful card! I love the color scheme and use of embellishments. Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

DesignerDiva said...

Thats great colouring Shirley and I love that stroppy image - looks my daughter!
Thanks for playing along with your Punches and Die Cuts at Oldie But A Goodie and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie xx

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

wonderful art! I love it..your coloring is delightful and the piece is fin.

susan s.

Mona Pendleton said...

Darling card! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)