Monday 20 December 2010

"Shall I Play for You"

Good Evening girls, sorry Im a bit late today posting this but its been a real weird day, its been snowing since 11am and is still doing so now, so Im wondering what we might wake up to tomorrow morning will just have to wait and see I suppose.
Todays card is this gorgeous Drummer Boy image called "Shall I Play for You" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop and you will find him here, I will also post this card on Mo's Dream Team as well. Ive got to say that whenever I hear the song Drummer Boy it brings tears to my eyes and the way Mo has drawn this little lad makes you well up as he seems to be rather poorly dressed to.
Anyway Ive printed him onto white card then coloured him with my copic pens, after which I cut him out with my oval Nestabilitie Die and mounted it onto a scalloped die cut, the sentiment is one of Whimsey Seal ones and this has been mounted on a scalloped die cuts.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first layer of blue pearlescent card, and two papers from Donna's Bearlymine Design "Christmas Wonderland" digi set, and the first pattern is an all over spot and snowflake design then on top across the middle Ive cut a smaller strip of snowflake paper and used a border punch along both sides then stuck it on top of a strip of the same blue pearlescent card, Ive then wrapped a white ribbon around the middle and tied a bow on the right hand side.
On top of this on the left Ive mounted my image and the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. To finish of I have created a large snowflake with some punched outs and dipped them in glue and crushed glass glitter, then through the middle Ive put a pearl brad then stuck it at the top on the right.
I will be posting this on:-

29 comments:

Rach said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, love that image, he is adorable with his little singing dog.. :)
Hope that you have a wonderful christmas hun.xx

Jen Shults said...

Gorgeous! I love your coloring and that paper is just perfect!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Shirley love the image.
Hope you have a fabulous Christmas
xxx

heidy said...

Hi Shirley,oh I love this image,he's so adorable,and what a beautiful card!!
Hugs Heidy

brenda said...

Just gorgeous Shirley, a stunning creation as always.

B x

Christine said...

Awesome creation Shirley stunning image & colouring..

smiles Christine xx

Linda . J said...

Oh wow wow wow Shirley what a stunning card, just love your colouring,perfect in every way,love it.
Hugs Linda

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous......ilove your coloring and that paper ..........

Hugs
Judith

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
this is gorgeous love the image and so beautifully coloured, Have a great Xmas and a Happy New Year.
Chris x

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous card! Such an adorable image and I love the backing paper.

Lisa x

chris said...

Aww shirley so sweet, I love this song too, my absoloute christmas favourite. hope you are well, hugs chris xx

Anonymous said...

Shirley- I love your creations- so great in colouration !!!!
hugs
elma

Autumn Mist said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley, that little dog singing along is so sweet. Wrap up warm, won't you. I must admit I got a bit panicky when the snow was five feet high and had dreams about being seriously snowed in. Hopefully it won't go on for much longer. As a nation we're obviously not as keen on a white Christmas as we thought, are we?

Cards By MI said...

Such a darling sweet card! Adorable. Love it to bits!
xMarie

Lia said...

so wonderful I love the colors and the digi so sweet
hugs Lia

Sarah said...

Awww Shirley, this is stunning, I love the image and your colouring is gorgeous. Such a wonderful card xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Awww - this is gorgeous Shirley. Love the little drummer boy, and your layout and colours are so beautiful. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas - Love and hugs, Sylvia xxx

Sadilla said...

Hi dear
as usual I love your colouring, and the image is very cute... wish you a lovely Christmas....
hugs
sadia

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Oh this is gorgeous, love this little guy, so cute and you coloured him so beautifully....stay warm and no snow-ball fights with your hubby...lol...xxx

Josephine said...

Fabulous card, Shirley - absolutely gorgeous!

sundownerin said...

ohhh shirley,
my very british queen of craft... you know, i stalk you all the time, even when i do not often post comments ( because my bad english) but i always looooooove what you do!!
you are sooo talentet and you have the little extra a person needs!!!

thanks for beeing a blog friend and your loveley personal comments!!

i wish you a happy christmas with no sorrow an a lot of joy and happiness!!

big hug from me to you!!

Mina said...

hes so gorgeous isnt he Shirley...he reminds me of something from a Dickens book...your card is fabulous
Mina xxx

dolcreations said...

Oh Shirley...you do your cards so pretty! I love how they just shine! I love the paper and the image too! Beautifully done.
Hopefully you and hubby do not have anywhere to go tomorrow and you can just stay in a craft! Stay warm....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Janie Printz said...

Shirley this is just the sweetest card ... Such beautiful coloring of that adorable little image.
Hugs, Janie

Shirl said...

Brilliant. Love the dog "singing" along. Cute image.
Hugs,
Shirl x

Trina said...

Gorgeous coloring and paper!

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card Shirley, love the sweet image and papers.
luv
Debby

gina g said...

Hi Shirley i love your beautiful card its such a lovely image.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. luv gina xx

Heidi said...

Hallo Shirley, happy holidays, love this image and your colours are magic. My son has asked santa for a drum kit eek. Hugs Heidixx