Friday 12 November 2010

A Card for two Challenges

Good Evening Ladies this card has taken me lot longer than I anticipated, as I had to make three toppers before I got it right, as each time I finished cutting them out I messed them up, so I was begining to pull my hair out by the time I got this image right. Anyway Ive created this card for two challenges the Just Magnolia Challenge, which is a "Sketch by Donalda" and Winter Wonderlands "Winter Sports" so Ive used this sweet image of Edwin on his sleigh, Ive stamped him onto white card before colouring him with my copic pens, then cut him out with a oval Nestabilitie die, and using the scalloped one for the mount. The sentiment is another of the Magnolia stamps thats been stamped onto white card then mounted onto a double ended tag diecut.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of red card with one of two papers from the beautiful new "Christmas Dreams" paper set from Bearlymine Designs, you can see from the top of this blog that Donna has a special sale on at the moment to celebrate her birthday, I do hope you will pop across to her site and crab some bargains while you can. The first paper is a very pretty paper with hearts, scrolls and hearts on a red base, the second mount is a pretty green/white paper thats been cut for the sketch, then across the middle I have wrapped a organza wired ribbon and attach it to the back of the first mount.
The mounted image was then mounted in the centre and the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. To finish of I have created four snowflakes with punched out Martha Stewart ones dipped into some crushed glass glitter then positioned in two places on the card.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

19 comments:

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I love the image and how you've coloured him. Such a festive card xxx

Doreen said...

A stunning card Shirley.xxx

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Funny how it goes and sometime despite have it all clear in our heads, some cards seem to take forever.

But it is well worth all the time because it's a gorgeous card.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Lia said...

hi shirley,
I love your card I love the way you used your ribbon
hugs Lia

Elaine said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet Shirley!
Beautiful image and fab papers again.

I'm glad to know it's not just me! Some times I can spend all day trying to make just one card with nothing going right!

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Elaine xx

dolcreations said...

I love Edwin on his sled! You have done such a wonderful job colouring him all up...I tend to forget about poor ol Edwin! Nice card Shirley!
How is the calendar stand coming along!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Shirley,
Other than the loss of hair you have created a beautiful card! LOL. I love how you framed this cute image and the papers are beautiful. The ribbon is the perfect touch to make this card really special.

Shirl said...

Hi Shirley.
Gorgeous card. I know the frustration of nearly completing a project and then it all going wrong. Some people call these things "Happy Accidents"..but I am not sure!!
Hugs, Shirl x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

very sweet.......beautiful image and fab papers.....

Hugs
Judith

Melodie said...

Fantastic, dear Shirley, you have used a wonderful ribbon.
Hugs
Melodie

Anonymous said...

wonderful card Shirley
Hugs elma

Janette said...

Well it was worth the effort Shirley, gorgeous card, hope you didn't lose to much hair though...lol...been there, done that....enjoy your week-end.xx

downrightcrafty said...

A fabulous creation, love the ribbon across the card and the image is just perfect for our challenge this week at Winter Wonderland, thanks for joining us and hope to see you again in the next challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Claire Phillips said...

Really lovely card and fab papers. Just popped over to have a look at the papers - stunning - thanks for the link Shirley! Cheers Claire x

mueppi said...

Lovely card Shirley!
I love the papers and all details!
Hugs and love Gisela

Wishcraft said...

I think we all have those days, where everything seems to go wrong! Your card is lovely though :o) Lisa x

Stef H said...

you have the patience of a saint! but it's worth it... this is absolutely gorgeous! wow!

yeah, hubby knows he COULD bust a rib, but he keeps hacking anyway. but thank you so much for your kind thoughts & words.

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Shirley love that image of Edwin and your design and those bp look beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dena said...

What a sweet Edwin! Your card is so cute!
Thank you for joining the Just Magnolia Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena