Monday 5 July 2010

Cards For Men - Challenge Fourteen - Christmas in July

Wow girls here we are at Challenge Fourteen and this one is going to give you a chance to get your Christmas cards started, as its "Christmas in July" and we are being sponsered by Roberta of Prairie Fairy Designs, and she has kindly offered 5 digi stamps as a prize.
This is what Roberta says about herself:-

Hello! I am Roberta from Prairie Fairy Designs. I am a new digital stamp company featuring artwork not only created by me but also my two kids, ages 8 and 11. They are featured on the site as the Fairy Princess and the Prairie Prince.

I have been an artist for as long as I can remember and have always loved to create. Two years ago my sister-in-law invited me to a rubber stamp party. I laughed and said "Maybe I will buy something if I can use it to stamp on canvases.". Needless to say, I was hooked! Two years later and a lot of learning about computers, I have finally accomplished my goal.

While digital stamping is relatively new in the papercrafting scene, it is what I believe to be such an amazing tool. Printed images have such clarity and vibrancy and gone is the need to re stamp an image because you didn't press hard enough or maybe you pressed too hard! They are also a lot easier to store and they can be reprinted over and over again. The fact that you can rotate and flip files, print them off the size of a postage stamp or as large as a scrapbook page makes them such a versatile medium. It is my sincere hope that I can help anyone who has hesitations about using digital images to embrace these amazing creative tools. If you have any questions about going digital, check out the site and the blog for more information. So head on over to http://www.prairiefairydesigns.com/ and check it out!

And heres my card that I created with one of Roberta's fabulous designs :-

My eldest daughter is a great fan of penquins and this is why it attracted me to it so guess whos going to receive this one for Christmas. Ive used this gorgeous little fairy with her friends as my image and printed it onto white card before colouring it in with my promarkers then used my Nestabilitie die No.8 to cut her out then with some red card Ive drawn around the edge of the die to create a mount for it, before sticking them together Ive used a red inkpad around the edge, I can see I smudged it on the left, hope it doesnt spoil it to much for you. The sentiment is one that I found in my stash, this was mounted onto a red double ended tag.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of red card, then one of three papers yet again from the Nitwit downloads, this one is a blue one with an all over sentiment pattern on, the second layer is a red one with snowflakes on and the third the same in blue, but on both of these Ive used my snowflake border punch from Martha Stewart, these were then stuck across my card in strips.
To finish of Ive created some snowflakes with some left over white card and dipped them into twinklets crushed diamond glitter and with a few snowflake sequins theyve been stuck across the top of my card.
I sincerely hope that you will be taking a look at the fabulous work that my fellow DT team members have done over on http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ and take part in this fortnights challenge.
I also want to welcome two new team members to our happy team, and they are Mandy of Crafty Fox, and Kym of Nanakeepsakes. welcome girls I hope you will enjoy working with us.

13 comments:

Rach said...

fabulous Shirley, and what a wonderful idea to get started on the christmas cards... xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
Beautiful card, your daughter will love it, hope your weather is better than ours, with the storm we had yesterday branches and everything down it was like autumn.
Christine x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
aww gorgeous card, fab image, luv all the sparkle, sue,x

issy said...

Great card Shirley, The snow flakes are fabulous.

issy

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Shirley. Love all the details.

Donna xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Shirley, fab image and pretty papers :o) Lisa x

Donna said...

Such a sweet image Shirley and I love your coloring. Great papers too. Nice to get a head start on the xmas cards......something I keep meaning to do and never get round too.
hugs
Donna xx

Josephine said...

A lovely card, and those sparkly wings are fabulous!

Stef H said...

this is absolutely stunning! and you just cannot go wrong with the princess's images!!!! bert is a doll!

hugs :)

Unknown said...

Shirley this is lovely, your going to be so organised!!!
Angela x

Melodie said...

Fabolours, dear Shirley, the image is so cute.
But I do not think yet of Christmas, we have approx. 30 degrees of C. *lol*.
Hugs
Melodie

Kym Weber said...

Such a beautiful card! The image is absolutely darling! Your daughter is sure going to love this card! Love the border punches you used! And the snowflakes are a beautiful touch! Fabulous job!

~Hugs~Kym