Wednesday 6 January 2010

Oh No More Snow


Morning Everyone, I some how think that many of you are experiencing the same weather that I am, SNOW, Im so glad that we went and did our big shop yesterday in Cardiff, which is about 45 miles away. Now you might be asking why go so far, well I live in a small town in the middle of the Forest of Dean and to get a good selection you have to travel quite away to find a decent supermarket, so we go once a month and do a big shop. So you can image Im so relieved we did ours yesterday.
Ive got a couple of pieces of brilliant news for you, the first one is Ive been invited to be a Guest Designer for "Stampin for the Weekend" Challenge Site, for the month of February, and I was so thrilled at being asked by such talented ladies to join their team that I said yes, thank you so much girls I hope that I will do you proud. And the second piece of news is that in the next few days I will be posting my samples for my dear friend Sarah Hallam of Peerless Designs, for her brand new Cd which will be previewed on Create and Craft on Sunday the 17th January at 12noon, so I sincerely hope that you will enjoy looking at them.
And the last thing is Im so glad that I bought a smile to many faces over my last posted card, its not often that I make cards like that, and some of you seem a bit nervous in making them, I should say that I also take care that when I do send them out that the person receiving it wont be upset at getting them.
Take care all of you, try not to go out with love and huge hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

16 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a lot of snow!! We still havent cot rid of the snow from before Christmas, so we now have snow on top of ice!! :o(
Congratulations on your guest DT position, so well deserved!!
Keep warm and stay safe,
hugs Angela x

Penni said...

Wow - you have had quite a bit of snow!!! We've had it too here in Nottingham and today the kids' school is closed - so no work for me either!!!! Hope everything gets back to nearer normal tomorrow!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Congratulatins on becoming a guest DT. No snow today, just scary! ice. Stay safe Hugs Val xxx

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your GDT post, I have done one with them, lovely bunch of girls. The snow looks beautiful, here in Leeds we have had 6-7 inches.
Stay warm and safe
Tracy x

Claireabelle said...

Shirley it looks like a winter wonderland!! Fabulous picture
xx

brenda said...

Morning Shirley

Understand the need to travel to shop only too well. We live in the middle of nowehere and apart from the local newsagents etc., we have to go to Cambridge or Peterborough, so it's three quarters of an hour min whichever way we go.

At least you are stocked up now for the 'big' snow if it comes. Keep warm and safe.

b x

Kimmi said...

Hi Shirley.

WOW - So much snow. We only started to get some over night. Its been snowing off and on since about 10 am here and the flurries can not make up their mind - it comes in slow and pleasant and then it comes down in fast flurries and you can not see ANYTHING! Poppy has been watching the snow fall. If she wasnt feeling unwell I'd take her out for a play and make a little snowman but she is full of cold.

Good Job on your shop yesterday. One would say good thinking Batman!

I will pop an email over asap so you can get a head start on the Feb Challenges for SFTW as we have them down now.

Speak soon

Hugs

Kimmi xx

mueppi said...

Good morning dear Shirley
what I see on your photo is beautiful!! You have even more snow than we do here in Düssldorf and that's a good thing! haha
On the weekend will come back fresh snow and I think it's not even funny anymore, because in the big city that is not so great!
I wish you a wonderful day and send very many dear greetings
hugs and love Gisela

Rach said...

congrats Shirley on the dt position. love the snow picture, looks so pretty when it hasn't been trodden on... wrap up warm hun if you have to venture out... wish that we had been shopping.. our kitchen is like old mother hubbards cupboards.
take care.xx

dolcreations said...

Wow..lots of snow! It actually is quite pretty! Congratulations on your guest DT postition!
Christine

trudette said...

That's a lot of snow !
Looks like a winter fairy tale.
Wonderful pictures , thanks for sharing.
hugs x
trudette

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley we had snow in Gloucester as well this time I know it is normally bad in the Forest but boy we had tons here lol. I have fed the birds four times today they have been hanging around all day they are better fed than James and me lol. I am thrilled at the news about your GDT spot you will do them proud and look forward to seeing your gorgeous samples for Sarah.

Hugs Lorraine x

Amanda said...

Hi Shirley,
Wow that photo looks like its out of a magazine, it gorgeous.

I saw that you were asked to be guest designer and I jumped around the house with happiness. My kids thought I was weird, but anyhow congratulations. Your card are delightful and I look forward to seeing them on the blog.
Amanda

Jodi said...

I just love this picture of the snow! I have no snow here in Hawaii and it is nice to enjoy the photo you are sharing!
keep warm!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Carole said...

Happy New Year Shirley.
Congratulations on your GD position...well done!
Hugs
Carole x

Tana said...

waw!