Sunday 17 January 2010

Another Card for Two Challenges


Hi everyone, well its a lovely day so far, it looks as though most of the icy patches have melted and we might decide to go for a walk this afternoon as it seems a shame to waste it.
Todays card has been created again for two challenges, the Just Magnolia Thank You Card, and the Stampin for the Weekend Sketch Challenge. Ive used this new stamp from my club stamp set, and after stamping her onto white card Ive coloured her with my copic pens, then I punched her out with my circle Nestabilitie, and I then did a scalloped one from green pearlescent card for the mount, and before sticking them together I have used a pale green inkpad and distressed the edge. The sentiment is one of my crafty stash ones and this was done in the same way as the stamped image.
For my base card Ive used a 7.25"x 7.25" white card, and for my first layer Ive used a yellow card with one of three papers that Ive used from my Nitwit Downloads, this one is a pretty daisy flower one, and for my second layer Ive used a green paper with spots on a piece of green card, then for the third layer Ive used a yellow check on a piece of yellow card. All these had their corners punched of to just give them a different look.
The mounted stamped image was then stuck to the right hand side, with the sentiment positioned in the middle under it. To finish of I have used a rose and two open flowers for a spray, and before stick them to my card, Ive sprayed it with a silver sparkle spray from Crafters Companion, and some green stickels on the stamens of the open flowers, and the last thing was the three pearls that I positioned down the yellow strip, amd a couple of punched out flourishes at the top.

37 comments:

Christa said...

wow shirley what a great card, beautiful springcard, love the paper, i can wait i want spring ,sun ,now its raining here al the snow is melting ,just a mess here xx hugs christa

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley ..... your card is gorgeous love the colours...hugs Nikki xxx

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I love those springtime colours
x

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous card! I love the spring colours.

Lisa x

Melodie said...

OMG, Shirley, that's soooo cute.
Hugs
Melodie

Anonymous said...

lovely Shirley-
hugs Elma

Unknown said...

Shirley, this is just beautiful, I love those pretty spring colours you have used. Tilda is so cute, a stunning card!!
hugs Angela x

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow, this is so cute. Great papers and colors. Tilda is fantstic colored in. Thanks for joining us at SFTW and good luck.
Gunn :-D

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
another gorgeous card hun, luv the colour combo, coloured perfect as always hun, sue.x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.
So sweet.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kate's Makes said...

Such a lovely sweet card! :o) Thanks for joining in at SFTW! Kate

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Shirley I am just loving that Tilda and your papers are fabulous it is yummy.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW Shirley... the colors are fantastic. This card is outstanding as all your cards are. love the little girl, layout. I guess I like all of it. Hugs

Swaantje said...

Oh Shirley this is fabulous!
Love your pretty image and your papers are gorgeous!
Your colouring of the image is fantastic..

Have a nice day..

Hugs
from Germany ;o)

Julie said...

Hi Shirley

Your card is really pretty, I love the colours, very springlike. Love Julie x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, such a sweet Tilda and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Wishcraft said...

Oh how pretty, I love this - gorgeous colours! Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A lovely card.

I love the layout you have used - I will have to remember that one.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie
Just love this card, great image and fabulous colours
Hugs Jacqui xx

mueppi said...

Good morning my Dear
your card is gorgeous!
She is so sweet and your colours are fantastic!
Have a great day!
Big hugs Gisela

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley:O) Love that colour combo, beautiful papers. Tilda is so sweet, fab colouring. Great take on Fiona's sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Kath said...

Hi Nannyflash, thank you for your comments on my card. Seen all the cards on the blog and they are so lovely. but that one of yours is so sweet, pity my granddaughters are so much older now, and all i have are grandsons, who are great, but a granddaughter well, what can i say.
Kath x x x x

Paula said...

Hi Shirley i hope your well and have had a great Christmas? Your card is as always beautiful i adore the sweet image colours and fab detail.
Paula xxxx

Janette said...

Oh wow Shirley,gorgeous card and I love the colours you chose for the sweet little image....made me think of the summer....x

CraftyC said...

Shes gorgeous Shirley. A very pretty card. Hope you are well!
Clairex

Enfys said...

This is a real ray of sunshine on a winters day Shirley. Love it
big hugs
En xx

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card Shirley. Love the colours. Your little Tilda looks very pretty. Great take on Fiona's Sketch!

Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck.

Kimmi x

mueppi said...

Wow..... Shirley
another wonderful card with fantastic colours and image!
Please look at my yblog, there is something for you!
Have a great evening!
Big hugs hun Gisela

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Shirley!! Love your coloring of sweet Tilda and your colors!!!
hugs

Mandy said...

Beautiful cvard Shirley, so pretty, love it
Love and hugs Mandy xx

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mummylade said...

such lovely papers. Thank you for joining the SFTW challenge. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Utterly beautiful as always Shirley, fabulous papers, my printer is playing up a little, which is annoying as it is new, maybe it is just me, not used to the blooming things, and I have so got into this digital world....never get to your level, you clever girl....Hugs Avril xxxx

Bev said...

Absolutley stunning card Shirley, love the fresh pretty colours! Thanks fo reminding me about Nitwit, I keep on forgetting I have those papers too lol. x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley - a beautiful card, as always. Love the Nitwit paper, and the gorgeous Tilda image.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What a sweet card - I love the colors!!

crafty amy said...

This is so cute I love the image and the way you have coloured her is beautiful :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X