Saturday 12 September 2009

Hi Everyone Im Back

Ive just received this photo from my friend Jo, and its of my hubby and I in her garden on Tuesday, as you can see the weather was fantastic and it was so nice to meet Jo and her hubby for the very first time, they are the most lovely of people and so are her parents, they made us feel so welcome, just thought you might like to see this photo as well.
I hope you will enjoy the next couple of photos as they are so lovely I thought I would share them with you. This photo is of the lake which we walked around at a fantastic house we visited where they have a folk museum in the out houses, I love this photo its so calming, though we did have to have to turn around to find the way out of the gardens as it was only by mistake that we found it. There were of course loads of ducks and birds on the lake.

This photo was taken of a most gorgeous little chapel we were taken to visit its been covered in bits of broken plate and china, its so colourful, its a chapel that must have originally served the monks that were in the monstery behind, but I believe that they have now gone, the locals have kept the chapel and have done lots of repairs to it, and you can see where other countries have also been to put their mark on it as well.

I wont be posting any cards for a few days as Im still trying to catch myself up, I suspect youve all experienced that after being away for a few days. We had a fabulous time and in fact the weather for the first two days was extremely hot, but Guernsey is a fabulous place to visit and I met my very dear friend and her hubby and her lovely family and we all got on so well that it was a complete success and a brilliant holiday, Im now looking forward to hopefully returning in the not to distant future.

So I hope you will forgive me for slipping a bit, but weve also got a few jobs to attend to around the house and garden, and have in fact chopped down a laburnam and lilac this morning. So I should be back hopefully with my next card in a couple of days. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

Paula said...

Welcome back Shirley glad you had a fab holiday and the pictures look great.
Paula xxxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley
Welcome home - I hope you had a lovely holiday in Guernsey - it is such a relaxing, peaceful place to be - have only visited twice, but I would love to go back again. Beautiful photos.....have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

dolcreations said...

Welcome home Shirley! Thank-you so much for sharing those beautiful pictures. You are right, it looks so peaceful there!
Have a great day,
Christine

trudette said...

Welcome back , looks like you had a wonderful time !
have a lovely weekend,
hugs,
trudette

Spyder said...

Lovely Pictures Shirley and welcome back! (everyone's been away!!) I've never been to Guernsey (although my mum and dad say I have). I know I haven't because they flew there, and my first trip in a plane was only a few years ago. It looks a lovely place to visit! ((Lyn))

coldwaters2 said...

Hiya Shirley I am so glad you had a lovely time and really nice to have you back. The pictures are great I have never been to Guernsey but did have a day trip to Jersey always said I would love to go back there.

Hugs
Lorraine x

cats whiskers said...

Welcome back sweetie, so pleased you had a good holiday I am sure you both needed it, don't work too hard and look forward to see you back crafting soon
Hugs Jacqui xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley thanks for sharing these lovely pics. so glad you enjoyed your holiday & meeting your friend, hope you get back to normality soon... still playing wiht new toy...LOL.

hugs Christine xx

debby4000 said...

Glad you had a fab time and look forward to seeing your creations when your ready to.
luv
Debby

Janet said...

Welcome back Chuck.....glad you had a lovely break!x

mueppi said...

Welcome back, hun!!!!!!!
The photos are proof that you had a great time !!!!!
I am happy for you !!!!!
Have a great week!
Big hugs Gisela

Mandy said...

Welcome home Shirley, glad you had a lovely holiday and your photo's are beautiful xx