Tuesday 16 June 2009

Sarah's sample No.5 - A Card for a Princess


Ive got a big problem at the moment as Im waiting for my printer to come back from being serviced so Im unable to make any new cards at the moment, and as I hadnt finished posting all of Sarah's samples I thought you would mind my doing that today. But I would firstly like to thank you all for the lovely comments on my Rose and Peony. I also have a very small garden, the back one is on a slope, its L shaped, 27ft long by 18ft wide, thats at its widest, but we have two sheds and a back porch in the L shape and a patio with my garden furniture on, and steps going up the middle to the back gate. The front garden is small as well and that is 18ft by 18ft, but I do cram a lot of plants in both of the small areas.

Anyway back to the card sample, Ive used another of Sarahs designs, this one is a little pony design and its called Princess, as we have a habit of calling our daughters that, I felt it was appropriate to use it for a birthday card for one of them. Ive printed out a A4 white card with one of the background designs and also printed the same design onto vellum, then punched along the edge of this with one of my Martha Stewart border punches, I then used a little vellum glue along the folded edge to fit them together.

Ive also printed an insert and stuck this to the inside of the card. For the topper I have printed out one of them from the topper sheet and stuck it to a piece of glitter card, then stuck it on top of the vellum. Ive then used one of my graphics programes to put a greeting onto one of the ribbon strips, then it was printed and cut out and fixed to the bottom of the vellum wrap. To finish of I have made up a little bow and hung a crown charm from it, then made up a flower with my Hydrangea Petals and a spacer and pearl brad through the centre and stuck this just above the greeting strip.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet Shirley.. hope that you get your printer back soon. hugs rachxx

coldwaters2 said...

Aw Shirley isn't this just gorgeous love it sorry to hear about your printer frustrating isn't it lol. But I love your description of your garden...wow....I bet you get so much enjoyment from it I know I would. I only have a small garden but I love it and what about the wildlife...great. I expect you are inundated out in the Forest you lucky person lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Too cute...I love the little charm. I hope you printer gets fixed ASAP :)

Denise said...

This is so adorable!!

michele said...

The card is lovely. Hope your printer is fixed soon. I see the beautiful rose in your garden. It is absolutely delightful.

Saskia said...

Sweet card Shirley!!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Spyder said...

Lovely card Shirley! Hope your printers better soon!!

((Lyn))

Jamee said...

Super cute card! i hope you get your printer back soon!

Janet said...

Aww this is gorgeous.....your daughter will love it!
Hope you get your printer fixed soon!X

brenda said...

Morning Shirley

That white peony is stunning as is your card.

Whilst I'm here just wanted to say thank you for your support with my MS card appeal. I received more than 600 from home and abroad which is staggering and I'm overwhelmed by peoples generosity.

I'm of to deliver them this morning so the organisers can get prepared for the big event next week.

Have a good day.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

Lovely card "for a princess".

Hope you get your printer back soon!! I would be lost without mine.

Love Jules xx

Tab said...

Oh wow your card is fabulous, just adore the sweet image and the colours and papers are divine! Hope your printer returns soon hun!
Hugs Tab xxx