Monday 22 June 2009

New Mimosa Stamps - Little girl paddling in a Tub


Ive created todays card with one of the new Mimosa stamps that I bought from Nikki's webshop, this image is so sweet paddling her feet in a metal tub, I suspect her mum hasnt bought her a paddling pool.

Ive stamped the image onto white card and used my copic pens to colour it, then used one of my Nestabilitie label dies to cut her out, then cut another in dark blue pearlescent card and rotated this and stuck them together with some foam tape. While I had the die out I stamped a greeting and cut this out with the smaller one and then again with the dark blue pearlescent card and rotated it like the stamped image.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, on top of which I have layered a piece of dark blue pearlescent card and one of the Bearly Mine Extreme Designs, then used two more of the patterned papers and my Martha Stewart border punch, these were then layered up one of top of the other and stuck to the base card. For the second layer I used another piece of the dark blue card and stuck a fourth patterned paper on it, with a piece of the lovely ribbon that I won from Jacqui in her blogcandy Ive wrapped it around the middle and stuck it to the back. I then stuck it in the centre of my base card, and mounted the stamped image on it, I also stuck the greeting to the right handside at the bottom.

I then punched out some of flourishes with my EK punches and stuck them to the left handside of the card and positioned some pink pearls amoung the swirls. To finish of I created two flowers from my Hydrangea petals and with some large roses stuck them in the middle of them. With some punched out leaves and some silicone glue Ive arranged them on my base card and put the flowers and charm on top. I also punched out a few butterflies with my Martha Stewart punches and arranged and stuck them to the righthand side of the card.

10 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Another stunning card, love the summery colours - all we need now is the sun.

Have a good evening.

B x

trudette said...

Cute, cute cute, what a happy feeling card this is !

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley so glad I am back visiting again and wow what a great card. I just love the colours of your backing papers, as always the flowers are a perfect accompaniment to the design and what a fabby image must check these out but I have spent my little quota for July now lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

cats whiskers said...

Love this card dear such fabulous colours and cute image your colouring is superb, thanks for your lovely comments Shirley they are so well appreciated dear
Hugs Jacqui xx

Unknown said...

Shirley this is a fab card, I think the image is so cute....love all you have done on the card to embellish it. Hugs Avril xx

Jamee said...

aaww that image is so cute! your card is adorable :)

Marcea said...

this is gorgeous Shirley, love the pretty pinks and purples and your scrummy flowers. Such a sweet image coloured perfectly as always. Have a great day hun
-x-

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the sweet image and again wonderful flowers.
luv
Debby

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Another beauty Shirley, your colouring is gorgeous and I love the pretty details, It's been a pleasure to visit hun, Hope your having a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x