Wednesday 8 April 2009

A Birthday Card for Sarah


After chatting to Sarah about her program yesterday it seems she will be actually on air on her birthday so I thought Id better get my fingers out and make her a birthday card especially from her new Cd, so I hope you will forgive me for using an easy way out this time, no stamping and definately no colouring.

Ive used Sarahs favourite design on her cd, the Poppy, and this time I have used the decoupage sheets though I did adapt it to fit the size card Ive made, what Ive done is to cut the picture edge off the first layer and just use the oval design in the centre.

I printed two background designs, one for the insert on paper and printed a verse on to that, and the other design I printed onto white card and printable acetate, then matched it up with the card design. After which I folded them both in half and with the insert in place, punched holes for the ribbon, I used a Red Organza ribbon to attach them together.

After cutting away the white edges left after putting all the pieces together, I have stuck the base decoupage sheet onto the acetate sheet and built up the image with Pinflair glue, shaping it as I went. The greeting was printed onto photo paper and layered up onto a piece of red card, I didnt want to put it on the acetate top, so stuck it to the printed card under the acetate in the right hand bottom corner.

10 comments:

Poppy said...

I love this card Shirley.just so beautiful.
poppy

Anonymous said...

Sarah is going to love her card Shirley, it's beautiful. hugs rachxx

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the softness of the colours

Saskia said...

Lovely card!

Greetings,
saskia

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Shirley,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

i rely love your card shirley sarah will rely love it x liz

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card :-)
Hugs
Carole :D

Enfys said...

This is stunning Shirley, what a fab card. I'm going to investigate your friends Cd.
hugs
Enfys xx

Janet said...

A beautiful card Shirely!X

Bev said...

Shirley this is so beautiful! Love the gorgeous image and I am sure Sarah will love it too xx