Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sample No.5 The Chiminea Thank You Card




Todays sample is created from the Chiminea papers, they are so vibrant and so very different. I had an email from Sarah last night and so far shes extremely happy with my samples, I hope she will be still when she actually receives them, Ive only one more to go.

I picked three of the backing papers from this set, and two of them I have printed straight onto card, these two formed the front and inside of the card. I printed the third design onto paper for the insert in the centre.

I folded the outer base card into half, and the centre piece into four sections, this made the pop-out of my card, I draw around an oval shape and cut this out, I then put a thin peel-off around the edge.

To make up the card, I first stuck the third design (on paper) into the middle of the base card, and then stuck the pop-out piece to the two sides. On the front of the card Ive used a piece of another paper and used one of my Martha Stewart border punches to make a strip of paper to put down the centre front of the card.

I then printed onto photo paper the decoupage sheet of the Chiminea and cut it out and stuck it onto an oval piece of Gold Mirra Card, which I then decoupaged up, this was mounted when dry onto the middle of the front of the card. I also printed a Thank You greeting onto another piece of photo paper, cut it out and stuck this onto Gold Mirra Card to and mounted this below the main Topper.

To finish of the card Ive created three daisies from white paper with two sizes of daisy punch and a small flower for the centre, the leaves were punched out with my fern leaf and oak leaf punches, which were then mounted above the topper to the left hand side of the card.


3 comments:

sparklybitsblog said...

wow that is so beautiful shirley im sure your friend will be over the moon with these x mandy

Riet said...

wowww Nannie,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Shirley, love the design of this card, hugs rachxx