Sunday 29 March 2009

A Flower Fairy Card for Janet


Todays card has been made with one of Janet Rogers beautiful stamps, if you liked to visit her shop its http://pinkgemdesigns.blogspot.com/ . Janet said she would be interested to see what I could make with it, so I do hope she will like the result.

I stamped the image onto white card and coloured it with my Karisma pencils, then I used a Sakura Clear Glitter pen on the wings. I cut it out with my Rotatrim and mounted it onto a piece of green Pearlescent Card.

The base card is a A4 piece of white card folded in half, onto this I have mounted firstly a piece of yellow pearlescent card and on top of this a yellow glittered piece of card, Ive then made a long green mount from the green pearlescent card and on top of this put a piece of green glittered card, both these patterned cards are ones by Michelle Marsden that I had in my stash. Before mounting this on top of the yellow base I have wrapped a piece of green gingham ribbon around and attached it to the back, after which I have mounted it down the middle of the base card.

I have then put my stamped mounted image on top of the ribbon but have used foam tape to raise it a bit. I then stamped the greeting onto a piece of white card cut it out and mounted this in the same way as the stamped image and positioned it underneath it.

To finish of the card I have used 4 coloured plastic flowers down the front right hand side of the card, and made up a multi flower with a pearl brad, for the bottom left side.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Oh Wow Shirely! This is gorgeous! I love the rainbow effect of your colouring and the sparkly wings just finish her off a treat! Well Done!X

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card hunny, such a sweet image and yummy papers
-x-

Riet said...

wowww Shirely,what a gorgeous card.

hugs Riet.x

Denise said...

Beautiful card! This image is so precious.

Bev said...

Oh the fairy is so sweet and the papers are so pretty. A fab card hun x