Tuesday 17 February 2009

A Wedding Anniversary Card




Todays card was created as a special one off for my husbands eldest daughter and her husband. Its a special year for them as they are expecting their first baby in April and felt they deserved something a bit different and personal.

It was created with the My Craft Studio program and one of the photos of their wedding. I cromped the photo to fit inside the frame I chose. The background paper designs was one of the designs that I have within the program and I used the fading button to make it more transparent, though in the photo it doesnt look like that.

I also used this background paper with a white centre as an insert. The front page was printed as a whole with the greeting at the bottom also in a frame, onto an A3 piece of white card, to be able to put it through my printer I have folded it in half and stuck one corner with a bit of double sided tape so that it goes through evenly, I also did this with the insert. Then I printed the front page again onto semi-gloss photo paper, cut it out and used it as a decoupage over the printed base card.

To finish of the card I have wrapped a wide red organza ribbon around the fold and popped two rose sprays through the bow.

1 comment:

Rach said...

a beautiful card Shirley,
i am sure that this will be treasured. congrats on the baby announcement.xxxx