Monday 5 January 2009

An Early Mother's Day Card


This card was created by itself really, and I decided when finished it was ideal as a Mother's Day card.

The Stamped image is one of the Stamps Happen stamps called "Garden Gate", I stamped it onto white card and coloured it with Faber Castell Aquarelle pencils, then I decided it didnt looked finished enough so I decided that I would use my flower corner punch to create the blossom on the tree.

Firstly I mounted the stamped image onto Pink Pearlised card that I have cut with a scalloped cutter on my Woodware Trimmer. I punched out several different colours of pink paper and shaped them with my small ball tool, then patiently stuck them to the tree branches, this did take time but I prefer the end result than the original one.

To make the base card I used A4 Pink mottled card folded in half, on top of this I stuck a piece of green card which I put it through my cuttlebug with one of the embossing folders, the green mount was then glued to the base pink card. The stamped image was then stuck to the embossed card with foam tape.

I finished the card with a pink label with a silver greeting on cut with one of the Nestabilitie dies, threaded with a pink gingham ribbon and fixed to the card with a curly paper clip.

No comments: