Saturday 24 January 2009

A Card for Georgia


Todays card is for a lovely young lass who's coming eleven and even her mother commented that the stamped image is quite like her so I thought it appropriate to make it for her birthday.

The base card is a white piece of A4 card folded in half and on top of this I have stuck a piece of printed paper which I had with my Just Papers Magazine, I then used two more of the papers and used my Fiskars Border Punch then off set them at the bottom, after which I fixed a ribbon across the top to cover the seam. I then punched out a large Nestabilitie Scalloped Circle from Pink Pearlescent card and stuck this on top, and then attached another piece of ribbon across the bottom.

The main image is one of the Elisabeth Bell's designs its called Pen Pal and I bought it from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/. I stamped this onto white card and coloured it using my Derwent Intense Watercolour Pencils, then punched it out using the smaller Nestabilitie Scalloped Circle die, and attached it to the white mount already positioned on the card. I also punched out a small Scalloped Tag, again with one of my Nestabilitie dies, and punched a hole out and fed a bit of the ribbon through it and attached it to the mount with a small brad.

I finished of the card with tiny jewels on each of the punched out flowers and made up two flowers and attached them to the bottom on the right hand side.

No comments: