Wednesday 3 December 2008

Embossed Flowers and Puzzle punch card


Todays cards is made with the new puzzle punches and the Woodware Flower Embossing punches. I used several of the flower punches to make the flowers, the Dahlia, Chrysanthamum and the Snow Crystal, and the small Blink, Blink punch for the centre.

With pearliscent vellum (you have to use vellum with these punches or ordinary paper wouldnt emboss as its likely to get stuck in the punch) I punched out two shapes from each punch, with these I cupped slightly and then layered them up, in the centre's of each I put a punched out Blink, Blink shape, with a touch of gold glitter glue on each of the stamens. You can if you like, emboss these flower shapes with Holographic embossing powder before layering them up, it gives them a bit more glitter and shine.

To make the card I used a 5"x5" template, and on the base I used one of the Artylicious papers from the Elusive Images Cd's, on top of this I placed the puzzle punched paper that I had punched out using the Quilt punch, you will find the details as to how to use the punch on the wrapping, its a bit to difficult to explain how to do it here, but once you get the hang of it, its not quite so bad.

On top of the puzzle punched paper I put the three embossed flowers and the greeting.

No comments: