Monday 24 November 2008

Sweetpea's for Someone Special


Todays card was made for a special friend, she will know who it is if she looks at my blog.

I had just bought the Sweetpea Floral Punch from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sherry-Rodehavers-Quilling-Corner, and wasnt quite sure how I would cope with creating the flower, luckily with the help of my book Paper Bouquet by Susan Tierney Cockburn, I eventually managed it.

Although a rather fiddley thing to hold and fold, I did manage to create something that looked like a sweetpea, hopefully you will thing so as well. I punched out three sweetpea shapes from two shades of mauve with the punch, and shaped them as the instructions say in the book, after which with a bit of luck I managed to mould and stick the front petals into shape.

Once I had made three flowers, I created my card with cream pearlised card, firstly embossing the lines with my scoreboard, and cutting the last section of the card away, under which I layed a piece of gold vellum and stamped with a leaf stamp, I believe it was one of the Judi kins bolio stamps.

I then wrapped another piece of gold vellum around the outside of the card, and embossed the edge with the same design as the card, which I cut to fit inside the cards embossed edge. I fitted this to the card with a little bit of glue to stop it moving around and then over the top put the organza ribbon which I tied in a knot.

The three sweetpeas I mounted on a piece of mauve pearlised card which I had put through my cuttlebug machine and cut it with the oval nestability die. The leaves I used were the oak leaf punch and the tendrels were created by a thin piece of paper rolled up tight and then gently pulled out again. The finishing touches were the little butterfly and the peel off greeting.

No comments: