Wednesday 19 February 2014

Challenge #146 - "Punches and Dies" - The Paper Shelter

Good Morning Crafters, well I am still standing in as a Guest Designer for The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and this weeks theme is all about "Punches and Dies" and to be honest I am in my element with these I love to use both on my cards just hope you like the result of my playing.
As always our sponsors are Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous prize of $30.

 http://www.thepapershelter.com/

and as always this is providing you have used one of their images on your card, and it was lovely to see that a lot of you had used them on our last Challenge and I hope you will do again this time, but even if you dont they will still offer you 3 digi images of your own choice if you are picked by Random Org. You will find some fabulous images, papers and printables here on their website The Paper Shelter.
For my card I used this gorgeous image


She is titled "Attitude means Everything" and you will find her here,  I have printed her onto white card then used my Tonic Square die to cut her out and a scalloped one for the mount. I used some snow writer foam on her collar and cuffs also on her ear muffs to. The sentiment is one from my stash thats been stamped onto white card and then cut out by a circle die and mounted on a punched out Snowflake.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white with a first mount of blue card and the paper is from the Sweetshoppe Designs its a blue background with snow on it and clouds. On top of this I have placed a diecut Fir tree which was cut with Marianne Die, and a used a Memory box border die of trees along the bottom.
I then placed my mounted image in the center and before adding the extra's I took a piece of white pearlescent card in a 7"x 7" size and used another of the Martha Stewart large Border and Corner dies to create the background which was then placed behind the first mount making the card larger.
To finish of I have cut out the ski's and sticks with a Marianne Die and placed to the right of the main image, the final flourish is the two layered snowflake at the top on the right and the sentiment on the left.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will pay a visit to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of Maries B Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "Punches and Dies" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/
http://hjcchallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice card!!!!!
Cheers Elma

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Oh wow this is stunning, those dies are fabulous and I do love the tiny tree die, so pretty...xx

Veronica Atanacio said...

Beautiful card as always hun! Thanks!
Hugs!

Angela said...

Great card Shirley... I love the frame it's gorgeous.
Great challenge too!
xxAngela

Patricia St Martin said...

Hey Shirley how have you been??? Missing you! Sorry I have not been by much earlier but life has been so busy and I'm sure it is like that with you. Your card is so darling, love all those die cuts, your sweet image. Take care my friend.
Hugs, Patricia

Wishcraft said...

Love the dies you've used Shirley, this is gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Judith said...

gorgeous Shirley - that die cut frame is just perfect with this fun card hugs Judith x

Gail said...

I love the little scene you have made here...with that wonderful tree line across the bottom and the background sky, snow and trees. This is an adorable image and you colored her wonderfully! The look on her face is precious and makes this image so darn sweet looking! The diecut around the outside of the card is gorgeous and your snowflakes are beautiful. Wonderful card! Hugs, Gail

Elaine said...

Stunning Shirley ♥
I adore all the white die cuts! The white space really makes the image and splash of colour so eyecatching!
It's another gorgeous card and perfectly detailed.

Big hugs to you
Love Elaine xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

I like your design Shirley, gorgeous card.
Kevin xx

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

I am struggling with visiting too .. .. but it doesn't mean I don't think of you and your lovely family.

Loving your card. Especially the little fir trees long the bottom.

I hope all is OK with you.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful adorable card.
luv
Debby

Anna said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors and the lovely dies :)
Hugs

Diane said...

Wow what beautiful colors, image and design.

Hugs Diane

Joey said...

Fabulous make hunny, love this girlie! Thanks also for playing at Holly Jolly. Joey xx

Cara said...

Great card. Love your use of dies. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Shirley loving the tonic die and fabulous card, thanks for sharing at Crafty sentiments this week