Wednesday 8 May 2013

Challenge #111 - The Paper Shelter - "Love is in the Air"

Good Morning Crafters, Im so sorry for not being around much for the last couple of weeks, since a hospital appointment over a week ago I have been suffering rather badly with a condition that has really not made me feel like crafting and Im also trying to make samples for my friend Sarah Hallam, so have been concentrating on getting them done. But as its my turn to host The Paper Shelter Challenge this week I have made this card for this weeks Challenge "Love is in the Air" so before I show you my card I will tell you who are our sponsors and the fabulous prizes they have to offer.
As always our very generous sponsor is Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous main prize of $30.


And as always this comes with the rule that you must have used one of their products on your card, but dont despair even if you haven't they will still offer you 3 digi images of your own choice, so you carnt loose with this Challenge. You really should go and visit The Paper Shelter Website and see for yourself what fabulous value and stunning images, papers and printables they have to over you, plus which they always have a special offer running, so its always a good time to go and browse for yourself here.
And now for my card.


I have used this fabulous image of "Pepe L'Souris in Love" and you will find it here, and I have printed him onto white card then used my copic pens to colour him, afterwards I have used a rectangle die to cut him out, and the Nestabilitie Postage Die for the mount. The sentiment is one from my stash and has been stamped onto white card and then cut out with a Heart Die from Nestabilities and mounted on a larger one from red card.
The main card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of red card, the papers are also from The Paper Shelters "Pepe L'Souris" digi paper set, and I have used three papers the first is a stripped one with cheese on, and the second with hearts I have cut into a 5" square and then used the Martha Stewart  Heart Border and Corner punches on it. I then layered it up on top of the first layer and with a piece of red muslin I have wrapped a piece of lace from my stash, around the middle which was placed on a wide piece of red ribbon and attached it to the back of the first mount. I also have used the last paper and cut a large heart and tucked that behind the lace.
On top of this I have placed my mounted image and stuck the sentiment at the bottom on the right. To finish of I have created a red ribbon and stuck this on the heart at the top on the right and placed a large gem brad through the ribbon.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of my very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "Love is in the Air" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ 

18 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Shirley, this is so cute :) great design. I was looking at him thinking who did he remind me off, its the mouses from cinderella lol. Joey xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is adorable Shirley Pepe looks fab and the mat is perfect! Susan x

Judith said...

Aw he is so adorable Shirley - I was going to use him myself - but you nabbed him first! hugs judith x

heidy said...

Love your cute card Shirley!!
XXX Heidy

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I like the sweet image the bow and the colours.
Kevin xx

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Shirley, Love the image so cute, layout and details are superb.
Hugs Linda

Stef H said...

awwwwwwwwwww, awwwwwwwwww. this is sooooooo cute... and stunning! the red just pops!

hugs :)

Dewi Lestari said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: All About Animals
Hugs
Dewi

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jackie W said...

Beautiful card! The image is so cute and I love your design! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments!
Jackie W :)

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, adorable image and fabulous die cut and punched details.
Pauline
x

Jill said...

What a great image. Another lovely card Shirley, love all your different layers.
Jill

debby4000 said...

What an adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card, love all the decorative edges of your dies and your lace, adorable image too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Cathy said...

Such a beautiful card, and what a cute image. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge.
Cathy xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's beautiful Shirley.

Thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Susan x

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous Card and coloring! I love all of your added embellishments. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD.