Sunday 16 December 2012

Cupcake Inspirations Colour Challenge #191 - Guest Designer

Good Afternoon, well a little while ago we were asked by Nina of Cupcake Inspirations and Veronica from The Paper Shelter if we would like to guest design a card for this "Colour" Challenge for them, and Im hoping that you might like to take part as well.


Here is the photo that was given to us to use as inspiration, and The Paper Shelter are sponsoring it and offering a prize of


And this is the card I created for the Challenge.


For my card I have used this "Santa's Cute Helper" and you will find it here, and at the moment The Paper Shelter have her on offer so its a good time to go and visit the website to see what else you can get at a special price. Ive printed her onto white card then used my copic pens to colour her, then used Nestabilitie Labels Die No.17 to cut her out, then drew around the metal die onto red card to create the mount for it. The sentiment is one from my stash and I have stamped it also onto white card and created a mount from some of the red card.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of red card, the papers I chose to use are also from The Paper Shelter and these are called "Christmas Spirit" and you will find them here, these are also on special offer so do please go and visit The Paper Shelter website and pick up these special prices while to can.  I have used several of the papers and layered them up onto mounts and they used some white webbing behind them afterwards I placed my mounted image towards the left with the sentiment across the bottom right hand corner.
To finish of I used some red card and a ornament border die to create the border at the top and a Memory Box ornament die in two colours for the embellishment on the right. The last little flourish are the two buttons at the bottom and on the sentiment.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will go and visit The Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blogspot and see for yourself what fabulous cards the Design Team have created and I hope that you also will want to take part in this "Colour" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-


20 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Shirley luv the papers and the image is so sweet.
Chris x

Annemarie said...

Hi Shirley, this card is so lovely :) i like it very much

Christine said...

Hi Shirley awww how cute is the sweet Santas helper.. wont take her long to get round & deliver prezzies on this sled..lol lovely trad colours & the ornament border is gorgeous..lovely work

smiles Christine x

Rene said...

These images are just too much...so sweet and pretty and SO much fun to color! I love your sweet card!
Rene from Cupcake Inspirations :D

Sadilla said...

that's sooooo cute!! =)
I wish you all the best dear
hugs
sadia

mueppi said...

This card is so lovely, Shirley!
I wish you a great 3. advent!
Hugs Gisela

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, love the image,great colours and a fab layout.xxx

Anonymous said...

love your card- and the cupcakes too:-)
Hugs
Elma

heidy said...

Beautiful card Shirley and that image is so cute!!
XXX Heidy

Stef H said...

oh i love this color combo! very festive! great card.

wishing you a truly blessed christmas

hugs :)

VanessaB said...

so super cute! thanks for playing with us cupcake inspirations :)

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card and wonderful image too.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just so gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Shirley,
Love this Christmas card and the webbing you used added great extra detailing!Wishing you a Merry Christmas. I'm having a long break over Xmas after such a huge year with my family commitments and I'll pop by to see all your amazing creations when I can.
Hugs Trish xx

cotnob said...

This is a lovely bright card Shirley, such a sweet image.
Pauline
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley - you've captured all those inspiration colours perfectly. Love the cute little Santa's Helper, and the layout is beautiful.

Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Unknown said...

Have a fantastic Xmas Shirley.
Chris x

Chris said...

It's great to have you joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations challenge. I love Paper Shelter and I'm sure that our followers do too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Your card is beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley I so love this beauty, your choice of image and wonderful design look stupendous. I wanted to also thank you for taking time out to visit my blog and leave me such a lovely comment.
Love & hugs
lorraine x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A great card and a great take on the photo inspiration too.

A bit like a traditional Christmas with a twist!

Hope your Christmas plans are coming together.

Love Jules xx