Tuesday 4 December 2012

Cards for Men - "12 Days of Christmas"

 My winner for Day 2 is - Rose - http://digibellsdt.blogspot.co.uk/ please contact Donna at Cards for Men to arrange for you to collect your prize.


Good Morning Everyone, I do hope that you visited my fellow Design Team Member Patricia yesterday as she was the first stop on the "12 days of Christmas" Special, each day for the next 12 days the girls and Alan from the Cards for Men Challenge Blogspot are holding daily Posts for you to stand the chance of winning some fabulous prizes. I have been chosen to host Day 2, and the sponsor for my post is Meljens

And here is what she says about her Company:-

 Meljen'sDesigns (http://meljensdesigns.com) is a digital stamp company owned and illustrated by Melissa Jenkins. She illustrates whimsical, fun digital images inspired by her kids and family. The Meljen's Designs store officially launched on April 1 and it is steadily growing. The new store offers instant downloads, organized categories, and a search feature. We have new releases along with a new challenge every Thursday, freebies every Mondays and a monthly Guest Designer at the Meljen's Designs Blog (http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.com/). Please visit the store to find more of Melissa's wonderful images!

To see if you are the lucky winner you will need to return to the Cards for Men Challenge Blogspot each day as the winner will be picked from the day before and will show up there, you will also find who the next person is on the list. I do hope that you will enjoy this different style of Blog Hop.
And here is my Card for this second day of Christmas.
I have used this sweet pair of birds from Meljens and you will find it here, for my card and I have actually used the "12 Days of Christmas" as my theme for my card. I printed it onto white card and used my copic pens to colour it then used the Nestabilitie Die No.8 to cut it out, afterwards I drew around the die to create the mount. The Sentiment was one I created on my computer and printed it onto white card and mounted it in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card and the papers I have used are from Peerless Designs "12 Days of Chrismas" CD, and I have used for my first mount a song designed paper, and on top I have used three more papers in layers and punched down the edges with a bird border punch from Martha Stewart.
I then positioned my mounted image in the middle with the sentiment at the bottom on the right, to finish of I have used a branch and bird dies from Obsession Impressions and arranged them in the bottom left hand corner.
Now that youve seen my card I hope that you will return to the Cards for Men Challenge Blogspot and see who your next stop is on this "12 Days of Christmas" and you will also see who won yesterday post, and if you return back there yet again tomorrow you will see who won this fabulous prize from Meljens.
Your next stop tomorrow is to Michelle, and do I hope you enjoy making this journey with us.

42 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous Shirley just so cute.
Chris x

brenda said...

What a sweet little image Shirley and it's really nice how you have reflected the image with the die cut.

B x

Seafield Jo said...

It's a lovely card Shirley, such cute little birds (I've got the song going round in my head now :) ).

Jo x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Shirley I like the birds and the papers, this would fit in the challenge at Heck of a challenge.
Kevin xx

Eileen said...

Aww Shirley this is sooooo cute. Love that image and the die cut works so well with it. Love everything about it
Eileen x

RoseC said...

Shirley, your beautifully colored pair of birds looks fabulous on this perfectly festive Christmas card. TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Shirley I just popped back to see your gorgeous card again and say Thanks for joining in with us this month at Hooked on Craft, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Outstanding card,really love itxx

Oak Pond SC said...

Adorable Card Shirley. Hugs and Happy Crafting <3-Kim

Deloris said...

Very cute card! Love Meljens digis!

heidy said...

Wonderfull card Shirley!!!
XXX Heidy

Debbie said...

absolutely beautiful from your papers, embelishments, and coloring. Love it!

DebbieM

judith@poppy cottage said...

Such a cute image, that die cut is great as well. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations, Judith xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Shirley, Thank you for you lovely comments from yesterday,Your Meljen birds are just adorable your card is just beautiful, you colored those little cuties so awesome. Love the die cut and your sentiment.
Hugs, Patricia

Bonnie said...

I love Meljen's images & have quite a few of them. This one is so cute and I really like the coloring and the background you made

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, the card is wonderful. I love everything! Donnaxxx

irishfaery said...

Lovely card, especially love the die cut birds!

Kerry Louise
x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Jane said...

awww this is so cute ... love it
Lisa x

Linda . J said...

Wow what a stunner Shirley, love this image and your colouring is just perfection.
Hugs Linda

Fabiola said...

oh ce qu'elle est jolie cette carte avec ces découpes oiseaux toute mignonne, biz

Margreet said...

You made a gorgeous card with beautiful colouring of that adorable image...great details!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

Aww Shirley! I just love your little lovebirds! They are so cute. All the elements come together beautifully. It's a smasher! xxx

Linda said...

What a lovely card
hugs Linda

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have that image, isn't it cute. Love your card, that die is fab.

ribenaruby said...

Hi Shirley, stunning card, love the bird and twigs die, very nice! Ruby x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I love the cute image, nicely done
Hugs julie P

Trisha said...

What a beautiful card. Love the two turtle doves.

Penny said...

Such a darling card! Love your image & coloring, your pretty papers, the cool die cut, and the fun sentiment! :^) Thank you for sharing this with us at Lady Anne's this month! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Donna Ellis said...

oh... your birds are darling - but perfect for a man - colored beautifully, and so sweetly! I like the "mirrored effect" of the metallic birdie die cut. Your two turtle doves couldn't be any cuter.

Nanette said...

Beautiful card! TFS!!

Vicki said...

I love these images. Great to colour and you've done a perfect job. Thanks for sharing. Vicki.

Janet said...

This is stunning Shirley.....your colouring is amazing xx

Marianne said...

I was here yesterdaymorning, but no card :-( I think our timetable (?) is not the same. But I love the card: It's a very lovely Christmascard and a cute digi!
Hugs,
Marianne MW

mapowska said...

What a sweet image! :D Great card :)

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, great design and I love your cute image. My OH would adore this card.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Unknown said...

Love this the little birds are just so cute.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Kaz.xx
CBN DT

Nina said...

A gorgeous card, love the image
Thank you so much for joining our challenge at creative stamp friends.
Nina

Unknown said...

such a pretty card with a great image! thanks for linking
up with us at MEFY!

Alljazzed2create said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

Kristy said...

Super sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us over at MEFY! : )

Kristy

Barbara said...

What a fab card and such a great image....love those birds!
Thanks for joining us this month at
Crafty Bloggers Network.
Barbara DT