Saturday 29 December 2012

A Card for a World Champion

Good Morning Everyone, well I dont know about you but the weather is awful here in Gloucestershire the poor dog and hubby were soaked just by going out of the back gate, anyway they werent out very long for sure, I dont think either of them liked it.
Well I hope youve all had a wonderful Christmas and are now looking forward to a Brand New Year, its not long now only days away, I always feel its a strange time of the year those shops you hope are open are not and those you dont expect are, and of course the local council seem to have taken 2 weeks of so we arnt expecting a collection till the 19th of January, I hate to think what our Wheelie Bin is going to be like by then.
Anyway I have a very dear neighbour whos grandson won a World Dancing Championship in Paris a few weeks ago and she asked if I could make a congratulations card for him and his partner, but with Christmas I never did get around to making it, then I suddenly remembered this Krafty Kimmie Stamp and thought it was ideal for the card I had in mind, so I stamped it onto white card then used my copic pens to colour it. Afterwards I used Nestabilitie Die No.8 to cut it out and the Decorative one for the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue card, the papers I have used are Summer Driggs Free Digi Papers and this one is "Fathers and Fedora's" and I felt it was masculine enough and slightly feminine so I hope that the young pair like what Ive made for them.
The sentiments are from my stash though the top one came with the image and the bottom is as near a match to the font theyve used, or at least I thought it was.
Well to finish of I want to wish you all A Very Happy New Year and I will be back with a Challenge for Bearlymine Designs on the 1st of January so see you then.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.co.uk/
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.co.uk/
http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/
http://pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://simplycreatechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

15 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab card and image .. i love the mans chiseled features
Lisa x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Shirley, I like this image the papers and the doily.
Kevin xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,such a lovely image and fab design.xxx

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley
I love your choice of image, beautiful details, and the design too, totally gorgeous
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

so wonderful colourated! Hope you had a nice chritsmastime
Hugs
Elma

Unknown said...

Luv this image Shirley a stunning card, are bins are the same havent a clue when they are coming,
Chris x

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely card Shirley. Sitting here in the rain too. Just dropping by to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year! May it be a great year. You are the best!
Love n hugs
Marie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

It is a funny old time between the celebrations. I can't believe your bin isn't being emptied until19th. Anyway this card is gorgeous, such a sweet image and love the blue. xx

Sarah said...

Stunning card Shirley, just love the image and colours x

heidy said...

Fabolous card Shirley!!
Wishing you and your family all the best for 2013!!!
XXX Heidy

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Great card!
Thank you so much for joining us at charisma!!!

Nathalie said...

Oh what a beautiful card. I love combo and your stamp.Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet challenge.
Nathalie

mueppi said...

This is gorgeous, Shirley!!!!!
Wishing you and your family all the best for 2013!
Hugs Gisela

mi sello personal said...

Dear Shirley,I hope you spent a happy x-mas,I wish you a happy new year,and all the best for 2013,I wish you a happines for you and yours....happy new year,I send you a strong hug with all my love...Josefa Laura.

Bettina L. said...

This is absolutely a stunning wedding card. Love the blue colours in there and the design with the doily is gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx