Monday 15 August 2011

Cards for Men - Challenge 17 - "Anything Goes"

Good Morning Everyone, well here we are at the start of another fortnight and already we have reached our 17th Challenge and this week is a real easy one that I know so many of you like to take part it in "Anthing Goes" and we are being sponsered by Claire of Hope Jacare.
And here is what Claire says about her company:-

I'm a SAHM with three young children. I trained in Textile Design at the Glasgw School of Art and I love all things handmade, but especially papercrafts.  I love to doodle ... and my doodles are available to purchase as digital images through Stitchy Bear Stamps.

And for this Challenge we have been fortunate to have been given several images to play with and I chose this one its called "Boat at Sea", and heres my card.
Ive printed the image onto white card before colouring it with my copic and tria pens, afterwards I used the Nestabilitie Rectangle Die to cut it out, then drew around the die onto blue card and cut it out for the mount. The sentiment was made by using My Craft Studio graphics program then cut out with a circle die, Ive also cut out a larger one in blue card for the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of dark blue card and one of four papers from Kay Millers "Do you see what I sea" the first paper is a all over blue background then on top I have used three papers and my EK Success border punch on the papers and layered them up as different depths to the sea.  The mounted image was then positioned in the centre towards the top with the sentiment at the bottom on the right. To finish of I have stuck several fish buttons along the bottom and a shark on in the centre of the sentiment.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope you will go across to The Cards for Men Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented team have for your inspiration and Im sure they will give you ideas to create a card for this weeks "Anything Goes" Challenge.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/
http://opus-gluei.blogspot.com/
http://sparklesforumchallenges.blogspot.com/
http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/
http://suchins.blogspot.com/
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/

30 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh Shirley this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, love this image and you've coloured it beautifully x

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, what a fab card, great image and love those fish..enjoy your day.xxx

Jessie said...

Sweet card and image Shirley!

Alison said...

Love the swirly border echoing the swirls in the image. Great card.
Hugs, Alison x

Kerrie said...

Hi Shirley, what a wonderful image and creation you have done.

heidy said...

Fabolous card Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

Hazel said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hazel x

Rosemary said...

So nice to see a card for the guys with color and the kick of embellishments! The image and your coloring are wonderful, and I think the wavy patterned papers you've used really do give a fun feeling of movement and the fish - perfect. An all around enjoyable card!

Kristen H said...

Shirley, this is awesome! I love the colors, the image the card! The fact that it is also a great man-card (which always seem to be a more difficult challenge for everyone) makes it even more awesome!

Thank you so much for joining us at the Order of the Opus Gluei!

Enjoy your week!

Karen Hasheck said...

Very very cute card for a child! Love the coloring and details! Thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and please come back!

mueppi said...

Great card and colours Shirkey!
Your little Missy is so sweety!
I wish you all the best!
Hugs Gisela

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley.xxx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Shirley,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shelby said...

Great card. I love how you did the sentiment and the embellishment! It looks fantastic and you used the paper perfectly in this card. Thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 kids!

Shelby

Sue said...

Hi hun
fabulous card, great image & colouring, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous what a fab image and loving the colours, papers and punched border a super card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creation ♥ Pops x x x

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Shirley, I love all the layers & those fish buttons are fab :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at SFC this time hope you will join us again, good luck xx

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley, and again such a great card. You have implemented the theme beautifully, the little fish, I also find it awesome.
Hugs
Melodie

happyglitzygirl said...

Just gorgeous, great colours. Thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids. Good luck, blessings Hilde

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the image! Thanks for taking part in the Sparkles Forum Challenge xx

Monika Reeck said...

I see your card on the Wee Memories challenge but psstt you forget to put her links I think...if I am wrong sorry Shirley...I love the images too and cute fishy....

I am joining also the challenge from Wee Memories my card is number 20 would you like to see it in my Blog..many thanks before...hugs, Monika

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Fabolous card Shirley.......

Hugs
Judith

Gini said...

Fabulous card, that EK success border is perfect for the sea!
Thank you for joining in with Opus Gluei.
Gini
xx

Stef H said...

wow! wow! and more wow!!! where do you find the time???

all turned out well here. yay.

hugs to you my friend.

Deb said...

awesome guy creation, love your background papers and super embellies--what a fun image too, thanks so much for joining our "anything goes" challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time, have a great weekend
Debs
xxx

Made by Mandy said...

Great card for a man, lovely digi from Hope Jacare, good luck with the contest.

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

p.s. love your cute little doggie xxx

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE this ship!!! What a great card :)