Tuesday 15 February 2011

Bearlymine's Fourth Challenge - "Ribbons and Pearls"

I cannot believe that we are already onto our fourth Challenge, and we had a really fabulous response to our last one we had over 90 entries and each challenge we seem to be getting more people taking part and I do so hope that this one will take us over 100 that would really be a bonus for our very hard working Design Team Leader Donna. And of course she also creates the most gorgeous Digi paper sets and I do so hope you will pop across to her webshop Bearlymine Designs and see her latest ones believe me they are stunning.
Anyway this fornights challenge being hosted by my team member Sarah Louise, you must incorporate "Ribbons and Pearls" on your card, and we are being sponsered by the following people:

  Crafty Emma - offering Memory Box Fernbrae Paper Pad 6x6
  Kenny K - 5 Digi's of the winner's choice  
  The Ribbon Girl - a selection of cut lengths of ribbon, pins, dewdrops 
  Bearlymine Designs - 2 sets of winner's choice

Now arnt these fabulous prizes and Im sure you wont be able to resist taking part in the Challenge, its not fair we arnt allowed to do so, you lucky people.
Anyway heres my card for this Challenge:-
Well as you can see Ive used Uptown Angel from Kenny's Digi Downloads, Ive printed her onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens then cut her out with my oval Nestabilitie die, and used the scalloped one for the mount, the sentiment is yet again one of the LOV circle stamps, and this has been cut with a circle die and mounted onto a scalloped one as well.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue pearlescent card and one of three papers from Donna's January and February Freebie downloads, you will find these on the same site as Donna's shop, then Ive stuck the first one onto the first mount and then put a strip of a diamond pattern on top, the third mount is another of the flower ones which was placed to the left, across the middle I have wrapped some seam binding and then created a bow with the same colour ribbon which was stuck to the right hand side, with a swirl of pearls going underneath it.
My mounted image was then positioned to the left hand side and my sentiment at the bottom on the right, I also cut out two corners with my Marianne dies which were also stuck on the left hand side top and bottom. The last thing to finish of is the flowers that Ive stuck at the top on the left around my mounted image.
Now please pop across to Bearly Mine Challenge blogspot to see the rest of my very talent team members and it should encourage you to take part in this fortnights Challenge.
Please dont forget to come back tomorrow as we are launching our brand new Challenge blogpost "The Paper Shelter" and Im sure you will want to see what weve got in store for you.

21 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card Shirley, I love everything about it, gorgeous papers and colouring x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow.......stunning card I love your design and your colouring is gorgeous...........

Hugs
Judith

Unknown said...

Beautiful Shirley love the design and those lovely corners,
Chris x

Heidi said...

Hallo Shirley, thanks for your comment on the rock chick, I have just made it back to the computer from the washing. It's a lovely day here and I have been trying to make the most of it. Dogs are loving it of course! Makes carrying large baskets of washing across muddy garden a fun challenge eeek. I love this card you have used those fab corners again, I have just ordered something similar, cos I liked them so much. Love this pearlescent card that you have used, makes it look very glam. Hugs Heidi x

Doreen said...

This is stunning as usual Shirley,love this image.and your cute corner.xxx

Lia said...

wonderful card shirley I love the blue colors
hugs Lia

Anonymous said...

wonderful card -love the colouration too
Hugs
elma

Rach said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, fabulous colouring and love the papers that you have used.. xxx

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous card, love the image it's so young and lovely....xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Shirley fabulous image and layout. luv gina xx

MANSI said...

Gorgeous card once again,Oh I love your coloring so much!!I wish I also could find COPICS here in India!!

Claudia´s kleine Bastelwelt said...

Hi Shirley,
your card is wonderful!!!
I love the girls from Kenny and your design is beautiful. Very nice colors and great coloring.

Hugs Claudia

heidy said...

Gorgeous Shirley!
Beautiful papers and LO
XXX heidy

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Shirley, love the image and fab colours you've used :o) Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Shirley, great image.
luv
Debby

Jules said...

That is one great card Shirley.

Love your image and that ribbon looks very shiny and lush!!!

Hope all is good with you and hubby.

Love Jules xx

Melodie said...

The card is a dream. The girl has a little big feet, but looks really smart. I wish you a nice day.
Hugs
Melodie

Linda Wescott said...

Another really stunning Card Shirley. Love the colours and how you use the die cut corners....I actually recently bought a die cut to do corners because of seeing how great they look on your cards lol. Hugs lin

Suzie Q said...

Hi Shirley,
lovley card great one for those teenagers!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Love that sassy image - beautifully coloured as always , I really like the blue and yellow - so fresh and pretty - reminds me of the impending spring - well we can live in hope xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love your card...what a great birthday card. All of my cards seem to look alike and your's are all so different....I do wish I could come and play with you! LOL!