Saturday 29 January 2011

Another DT card for The Paper Shelter

Good Morning Ladies, well Ive just spent a couple of lovely hours at a job I dont enjoy and thats defrosting my freezer, its one I put of as long as I can but as I should have done it before Christmas I thought I really out to get it done now before our next big shop, and guess what I had loads of water all over my carpet, so now Ive got to wait for it to dry out, oh well such is life, good job hubbys not around or he might be moaning at the wet patch so lets hope it dries out before he gets home later this afternoon.
Anyway todays card is the second DT card for The Paper Shelter and Ive used this gorgeous "Sweet Dreams"  its a new image of theirs, Ive printed it onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens, I then cut it out with my circle Nestabilitie Die, the mount is cut out with a Die-namics die and I got this from Tracy at Dies to Die For she gets them out to you in double quick time. I have used Donna's "Peach Dreams" papers from Bearlymine Designs (dont forget her Copic Pens blogcandy) and the two papers Ive used have a beautiful combinations of soft colours in them, the first one has been mounted on pink pearlescent card, and the second Ive used one of my Martha Stewart all around border punches, and on top Ive wrapped a pink ribbon around the middle.
The sentiment is one of the LOV circle stamps and this stamped and cut out with a circle die before being mounted on a scalloped circle diecut and positioned at the bottom on the left, the mounted image before being stuck to the card, I arranged lace all around the edge and then positioned it at the top on the right. To finish of Ive cut out two corners with the Marianne dies and positioned them in the two opposite corners and two small roses were then stuck on top.

27 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous i love the sweet image and the papers are a dream lol. luv gina xx

heidy said...

Aaahhh,he's so sweet,and what a gorgeous papers,must have a look at Donna's
Have a great weekend.
XXX Heidy

Rach said...

Pretty pinks Shirley, and a super cute image. hope that you carpet dries out in time..xx

chris said...

Hi Shirley, this is so special, love it.
sorry I haven't been around so much lately just had a lot on. hugs chris xx

Doreen said...

Hi Shirley I love this the image is gorgeous.xxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

a very pretty and cute card.......

Hugs
Judith

Lia said...

wonderful card shirley I love the colors, I love all the cards you made in the last week, I was so busy tht I haven't hat time to visit you
hugs Lia

Cards By MI said...

Really great card Shirley. You have done a great job with the image!
Love n hugs
Marie

Shelley said...

It's adorable! Love all the soft colors and layers.

dolcreations said...

Shirley this is adorable.I just love how you do your cards all up! The colours are perfect for a special little girl!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Shirley,
This is such a charming little card. I love the 'soft' look. It is a darling image. I am with you I hate defrosting the freezer. Thank heavens ours is in the garage and on cement floors. LOL!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like this image and that backing paper.
Kevin xx

MANSI said...

Hi Shirley!!OH its such a cute Image and very well justified.Love your coloring and the colors you have used.
Hugs
Mansi

Stef H said...

u still defrost a freezer????? ouch!

but your card is simply gorgeous!

keep smiling.

hugs :)

Rosis Stöberseite said...

a very pretty and cute card......
Hugs
Rosi

Sarah said...

Awwww, what a cutey Shirley, I love this card, so sweet xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! How sweet!! I just love the colors and design Shirley!! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Linda . J said...

Love your card Shirley and beautiful colours, so sweet.
Hugs Linda

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww gorgeous crar, super cute image, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Heidi said...

What a cutie, I shall go and look at the paper shelter right now. I love the way you have shaded the moon, it's beautiful. Hugs heidi x

Lavender and old lace said...

this is so sweet Shirley,really prettytake care Dorothy

Kerrie said...

Well that is one job I dread doing.... I end up with a swimming pool on the floor (LOL).... your card is just gorgeous, and thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog, its so much appreciated. kerrie

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous loving that image and the design a delight as always
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

good morning Shirley- what a fantastic card!
Feel today so tired- like the baby on your card I only want to sleep!
Hugs
Elma

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley, such a sweet card. The image is so cute and your coloration really fantastic.
Hugs
Melodie

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Shirley,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
your card is wonderful and I love this cute image and all details!
Hugs and love Gisela