Saturday 11 December 2010

"Kitten in a Santa Hat"

Good Morning Ladies, well my day has started well, I went to start my desktop computer and it keeps locking up on me so Im not a very happy bunny, hubby carnt look at it till tonight as its his volunteering weekend and hes gone of to help with the signal box rebuilding at Parkend and Im struggling with my notebook, so I wont be writing much of a monologue today.
Todays card has been created with Mos "Santa Cat"and you will find it here and Ive printed it onto white card then used my copic pens to colour it as a ginger tom, I used Nestabilitie Label 1 to cut it out, then used the same die to draw around to use as a mount, the sentiment is one I created on my computer and afterwards cut it out with one of the smaller dies and mounted it in the same way.
The base card is 6"x 6" white card with a base layer of beige pearlescent card and one of four papers from Nitwits Downloads this set are called "Miawow" the first paper is an all over sentiment pattern and then Ive placed a strip of checked paper down the middle and used my treelights EK border punch down it, on top of this is a third paper and this one is a dark beige base with loads of different paw marks on, on top of this is fourth paper and this has lots of hearts and circles on.
I then wrapped a piece of brown ribbon around the middle and tied a knot to the right hand side, on top of this I positioned my mounted image and the sentiment was then stuck at the bottom on the right hand side. To finish of I have used my glaze pens in the light bulb holes that were punch out with the border punch.


14 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Shirley, How strange about your PC...mine is doing all sorts of crazy stuff this morning, it's taken me agaes to get to this point.....it's the christmas gremlins Shirley...nasty little beggers...lol....LOVE your card, that is one sweet little kitten...xxx

Crafteezee said...

Soooooo cute. Hugs Tracy x

Lia said...

beautiful card I love the colors and very sweet stamp
hugs Lia

Anonymous said...

such a sweet image!
Hugs
elma

Josephine said...

Oh, that kitten is so cute! Gorgeous card.

heidy said...

Oh wow Shirley,amazing card,I had a cat looking like this one,same colours.
XXX Heidy

Shirl said...

Hi Shirley.
The cat is just so adorable, love the expression on it's face.
Just had my best day ever at Abergavenny Craft Market and it made me smile to remember meeting you there and your encouragement to start a blog and do chellenges!
Hugs, Shirl x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww gorgeous card, super cute kitty, luv all his glitter, lovely papers & design, sue,x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Wishcraft said...

I'm back online at last :o) Fab card - such a cute little cat and love those papers. Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

Oh I have been such a silly billy .. .. I have been visiting your blog and hadn't realised that the top post was a "sticky" one. Doh.

Lots of gorgeous creations below it that I had missed. What am I like!!!

Sorry to hear about your computer problems .. .. I hope your hubby managed to sort them out.??

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

Lol the look on that pussy cats face just made me smile, he is fabulous so is your colouring I love it.
Hugs
lorraine x

Patty Sue 2 said...

I can see that I fell behind on my comments. You have created another cute card. Love that little kitty! Your coloring is wonderful as usual!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I can see that I fell behind on my comments. You have created another cute card. Love that little kitty! Your coloring is wonderful as usual!