Friday 10 September 2010

Thank You and My First Sample for Karen

I want to thank you so much for all the lovely good wishes that you sent us yesterday for our Wedding Anniversary, we did have a lovely day and the weather was gorgeous, so hot I didnt even have to wear a coat. We went to the Mall in Bristol and visited several shops both of us like to visit, like Maplins for hubby to treat himself to a new computer which he built himself, and me Hobbycrafts to buy a few crafty bits, I didnt go to mad as weve got a couple of craft shows in the furture that I would prefer to go mad at. Anyway we did go to John Lewis's for our dinner and that was lovely, so thank you again for your good wishes for us, we both appreciate that very much.
Anyway todays card has been created for a very special friend of mine, Karen Sayers of Crafty Ideas by Kaz :-
Ive known Karen for a couple of years she used to regularly appear on Create and Craft, but is now running her lovely craft shop in Wiversfield in East Sussex, and you can guess I do have a wonderful time spending when I visit her shop, shes got some really gorgeous things on offer, and she doesnt charge you postage and packing so its certainly worth giving her shop a visit.
Karen is now promoting some Christmas stamps on her website and has asked me if I wouldnt mine previewing them on some cards, so how could I let her down and heres my first sample, I do so hope you will enjoy and like it.
Ive used this beautiful image of a robin on some holly for my first card, Ive stamped him onto some smooth white card and coloured him with my promarkers popped lots of glitter all over the place and even some glossy accents on the berries, then cut him out with the new Nestabilitie Die Label 15, Ive used the die to draw around for the mount, before sticking them together Ive used a red catseye inkpad to distress the edges, the sentiment is yet another of Karens stamps and Ive used a couple of smaller label dies for this.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white easel card, and I used two papers from the new "Noel" Dovecraft Paper pad, this is a red and gold stripe this has been mounted onto pieces of red card. The inside one has been finished with a red tartan ribbon wrapped around and stuck to the back of this first mount and the sentiment stuck in the centre (though I do see its not quite in the centre, sorry about that).
The outer mount is made with exactly the same pattern as the inside but with a strip of green paper with silver glittered xmas tress on Ive used the holly border punch on both edges, this is one of Martha Stewarts punches. I then used the large Marianne circle die to create a second mount for my image this was then stuck on top of the second layer, and my mounted image positioned in the centre. To finish of Ive stuck three poinsetta's at the top, one large white and two smaller red ones, and some red gems on the two opposite corners.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Shirley
your card is just beautiful love the little robin and the colours are fantastic.
Have a great weekend
Chris x

chris said...

Shirley your card is stunningly beautiful. love it. your day out to bristol sounds just like my kind of thing. hugs chris xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley - so pleased you enjoyed your special day -it sounds wonderful! Love the rich colours and the beautiful Robin on your Xmas card.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Fabulous card, so festive....I feel awful to have missed wishing you and your hubby a happy day yesterday hun...please forgive me, just didn't really get much time on pc....glad you had a good day, much love, Janette.xx

Babs said...

So glad the both of you had a fabulous day.

Your card is gorgeous shirley its got a real feel of christmas to it, love the strip paper and your Robin is beautiful.

Babs x

Sarah said...

So glad you had a lovely anniverary Shirley, meal out and a mooch in Hobbycrafts sounds blooming wonderful to me!!! I love your card, I recently found out about Karen's craft shop and placed an order online, her prices are brilliant and the order arrived super fast too, I will definitely be back (shhh don't tell my OH!) xxx

Lia said...

beautiful card shirley I love the bird stamp and congrats with your 110thn wedding anniversary
hugs Lia

Elaine said...

Glad to hear you both had a lovely day out yesterday.
Beautiful card Shirley. Cute little robin and fab christmas colours.
Love Elaine xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is gorgeous! I love the image and the beautiful papers. That shimmery paper and the flowers really add a nice touch to your already elegant card. Beautiful as always.

Have a blessed weekend.

Melodie said...

Wow, the bird is so beautiful, your card is really fabolous.
Hugs
Melodie

Poppy said...

lovely card Shirley, congratulations to you and your hubby for yesterday.
poppy

Enfys said...

Hi Shirley, first of all, belated happy anniversary wishes from me to you and Ian. It sounds as if you had a great day.
Next, I LOVE this card, that little robin is adorable, and I love your layout as well.
Have a great weekend,
big hugs
En xx

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

I am so pleased you had such a lovely day yesterday. Belated anniversary wishes from me to both you and your hubby.

A gorgeous Christmas card Shirley .. .. robins always look so cute .. .. though I heard somewhere that are actually quite nasty birds. Such a shame if that is true because they look so sweet.

Love your colour tones very much.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley so glad your day turned out so beautiful. I am so loving your card that image and your design are wonderful. I have been a big fan of Karens for a few years as well, I loved watching her on C&C and buy regularly from her on line store, especially as she does Tilda now lol. I think you have done a top notch job for her.
Hugs
Lorraine x