Thursday 23 September 2010

A Card for two Challenges

Good Afternoon Ladies, hope that the sunshine is out with you as it is with us though I believe we are to expect more rain later on, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed that theyve got that one wrong. Also I want to say thank you so much for the lovely comments on my bow from my last posting, it was a bit of a cheat to be honest and I didnt have quite enough to make a proper bow, so I had to do a running stitich across the crossed over tails then down the middle at the back and draw it all together and knot it of, then I popped the rose over the stitching and I was quite surprised how good it looked afterwards.
Anyway back todays posting its a card that Ive created for two challenges Mo's "Bling, Bling and more Bling" and Cute Card Thursdays "Leann's Sketch", and Ive used this Christmas Fairy Mint image from Mo, and coloured her with my copic pens and even used some glitter on the wings after which I cut her out with my circle Nestabilitie die, and used the new Eyelet Circle for the mount, the sentiment is one of the Kaiser ones I got from Oyster Stamps, and so cheap at £2.99 for quite a set of clear stamps.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first mount of blue card and one of Donna's Bearly Mine Xmas papers, an all over candy canes which I felt went well with my image on top of this I have wrapped a piece of lace and attached it to the back of the first mount. I then stuck my mounted image in the middle, and my sentment was positioned at the bottom on the right hand side.
I then created four double layered snowflakes from the Martha Stewart Punches, and before doing this I dipped them into glue and some crushed glass glitter, and stuck them to my card along the top. I also created some gem swirls at the bottom on the left hand side.
This card is to be entered in the following challenges:-

30 comments:

Swaantje said...

Your card is wonderfull...very great work,Shirley
The paper is beautiful and the little stamp..very cute.

Many lovely greetings
from Germany ;o)

Sadilla said...

Wow dear that's stunning!!!! I like so much the stamp you used, it's very cute... and the paper is very pretyy as well...
hugs
Sadia

Unknown said...

Shirley you card is amazing love the colours...love and hugs Nikki xxx

Josephine said...

Such a pretty card!

Christine said...

Hi Shirley stunning creation love the DP gorgeous image & colouring beautiful..

luv n hugs Christine xx

brenda said...

How lovely is this Shirley, the colours are stunning and the whole design perfect.

B x

CraftyC said...

She's adorable Shirley, such a pretty card!
Clairexx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Shirley, such a gorgeous card. You've been busy with lots of gorgeous cards since my last visit. So sorry for my lack of visits I hardly get chance to blog at all these days. Will email you soon, hugs Linda x

Saskia said...

Oooooh... gorgeous card!!! So beautiful and so sweet!!

Hugs, Saskia :)

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww gorgeous card, beautiful colouring, gorgeous papers & design, sue,x

Lia said...

beautiful card shirley I love the digi and the colors very sweet
hugs lia

Elaine L. said...

What a pretty card! I love the candy cane paper over laid with the snowflakes and the beautiful lace.It all goes together so well. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Claire Phillips said...

What a wonderful card and that paper is just so perfect - gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

sparklybitsblog said...

awww shirley i love this one its so me lol good luck with the challenges x mandy

chris said...

Hi Shirley, wow this is heavenly, love the softness of it. just perfect. hugs chris xx

Elaine said...

Hi Shirley,
Firstly, apologies for my absence.

Beautiful Christmas card. I always love Mo's images, and you've coloured her perfectly.
The lace and snowflakes look gorgeous and compliment the image wonderfully.
(I got those stamps from Oyster Crafts too!)
Love Elaine xx

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

Beautiful work.

I love your background and all the lovely snowflakes .. .. but my favourite part is the sentiment. Gorgeous words and a lovely mount for them.

I hope all is well with you and hubby.

Love Jules xx

Stef H said...

i absolutely love your shimmers! all of them. this is just gorgeous!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Shirley- such nice image and you coloured it so well! Love it
Hugs
elma

Kleeblatt said...

Wow, your card is so nice. The image is so cute. I like it

Hugs Monika

Melodie said...

Wow, Shirley, also this card is so beautiful. I love the image and the layout very much.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Shirley, such an adorable sweet image and wonderful colours.
luv
Debby

Cami said...

Stunning card, Shirley. This image is so pretty and your coloring is just beautiful!!! Love the soft blues, your pretty lace trim, the snowflakes, well, everything about your card is beautiful! Hugs, Cami

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card created with a cute image!

Dana said...

Such a beauty!! I am coveting your lace nestie though!! Your coloring and paper choices are amazing. I also enjoyed reading your profile. Nannyflash.. that's priceless! I love meeting fellow cardmakers and just had to pop over when I saw your entry at Mo's. I just love coloring her images!!
Hugs!
Dana

paola said...

Great take on this weeks bling challenge, thanks for joining us at Mo's
smiles
Paola

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful card & love your coloring & design. I'm enjoying looking around your blog for the 1st time. I'm now a follower so I'll be back to see more of what wonderful things you create.
Hugs, Janie

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, love the image and the beautiful paper xxx

Cathy said...

Shirley, this is gorgeous. Thanks for playing the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge this week!!

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful work Shirley.. I love the image you chose.. Thanks for joining us at Mo's again this week..