Sunday 30 May 2010

One Card for Two Challenges - Mo's and Cute Card Thursday Challenge

Todays card has been created for two challenges, Mo's "Celebrate Baby with extra Ribbon & Bows" and Cute Card Thursday's "No Designer Papers", Ive used this gorgeous image of baby "Fairy Anaya" I printed it onto a piece of white card and coloured her with copic pens then Ive used some glitter on the wings, after cutting it out Ive used one of my swirl stamps around the edge with a pink inkpad. I then mounted it onto a piece of pink card ready to put on my card.
The card is 8"x 8" white card, with a first layer of pink card, I then created a paper from some pink paper and my swirl, flower, leaves, butterfly and bee stamps Ive used several colours from my catseye inkpads and randomly stamped all over the paper. This was then covered with a square of red pearlescent paper on which Ive used my flower all around punch set from Martha Stewart this was put in a diamond shape, after which Ive layered two pieces of ribbon across the centre and attached them to the back.
The mounted image was then stuck in the centre, and my sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side.
To finish of Ive used a net and button flower but before sticking it to my card, Ive cut a piece of red organza ribbon and run a row of stitches along one edge and drew it into a circle which was then stuck behind the net flower, this was then stuck to the card with some punched out maidenhair fern leaves. I also stuck two little white ribbon bows to the right hand side at the top.
Ive entered this card into two Challenges:-

 

25 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Shirley, so very pretty and the image is adorable
love and hugs Mandy xx

Saskia said...

Lovely card!

Saskia :)

Janette said...

Awww Shirley what a gorgeous card,sooo pretty,no one draws like Mo....your colours are delish..xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Wow this is a beautiful card! Such a sweet image and pretty colours.

Lisa x

Melodie said...

Stunning card, dear Shirley, the image is so cute.
Hugs
Melodie

Unknown said...

Ahhhh Shirley the image is totally adorable, beautifully coloured, gorgeous card and love the colours.
Christine x

Jessie said...

It's beautiful Shirley and I love the image!

Anonymous said...

so sweet!°
Hugs Elma

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OOOOoOOOOOoooOOO how much do I LOVE this little image?!?! SOO perfectly sweet!!! Beautiful card Shirley!

Hope you are having a beautiful and blessed weekend.

Lavender and old lace said...

now thats cute Shirley I love everything about it

Elaine said...

Beautiful! I love Mo's images, and you've coloured her so beautifully.
Love Elaine xx

Elaine L. said...

What a pretty card! I love the glittery wings. Thanks for taking part in Mo's Challenge this week.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

chris said...

Hi Shirley
so pretty in pink, love it.
hugs chris xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Shirley this is a real beauty I love that image and the sparkle looks fabulous the bp is great I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim Dellow said...

Ahh Shirley, this is just the cutest! So pretty! Kim

Stef H said...

oh is this absolutely fabulous! your card is just gorgeous and such a cute, cute image. my DIL's niece just had a little girl whom she named anaya!!! how weird is that - lol!

Heather said...

So super sweet and adorable!

Claireabelle said...

Shirley this is just adorable!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining the "baby" challenge this week!

Love this image..ESPECIALLY the glitter wings! ...I'm all about "sparkle!"

PinksyDoodles said...

This is so cute Shirley. A gorgeous image and fab flower.
Clare x

Unknown said...

Shirley this is beautiful. I love the sparkly wings and paper and the image is so cute,
Angela x

Dawn B. said...

Shirley this is so sweet.. I love the paper you chose.. Great job.. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Annie said...

what an adorable little cutie you have coloured for your card, love her!
thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

The Wired Angel said...

Very lovely card Ms. Shirley. It's beautifully done and perfect for the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Peggy x