Tuesday 1 December 2009

My Very First Card for the New Cards For Men Challenge Blog - A Xmas Card for a Male either for a Man or Boy.



Today is the launch of Donna's new Challenge blog http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ and as one of a Design Team who include Viv Holden of http://craftinghaven.blogspot.com/, Lisa Nowacki of http://wishcraftcards.blogspot.com/ and Patricia St. Martin of http://rubberstampingismygame.blogspot.com/, we would like to invite you all to take part in the Challenges. They run monthly at the moment and if you click on the link it will take you to the blog and you will be able to read about all the rules and regulations.
My card for this first Challenge has been created for my husband from some lovely DT goodies that Donna sent me to play with, you will find all of these on her website http://www.donnasdenofcrafts.co.uk/ she has some lovely goodies for sale and Im sure you will be thrilled at exactly how much she does have to offer.
The stamp I have used for this card is one of Joanna Sheens Messy Rabbit series, hes dressed as Santa Claus I coloured him with my copic pens, after which Ive cut him out with my rotatrim and distressed around the edges with a red inkpad. The sentiment was created on my computer and printed out, then distressed in the same way, both of them were then mounted on to red card.
For my base card I have used a 8"x 8" white card, and for the first layer I have used a piece of red card and one of the lovely Christmas papers from Donnas shop, they are called "Tis the Season" by Dovecraft, Its a lovely red paper with snowmen, trees and snowflakes on, around the top and bottom of this layer I have attached two ribbon strips in white with a tree pattern on. For my second layer I have cut three pieces of green card all the same size and used the second of the pattern papers, a lovely white one with yet more trees, presents and flourishes on, these were then positioned across the base card at equal distances from each other.
My mounted stamped image was then positioned on top of these mounts with the sentiment at the bottom right hand side. I then punched out some snowflakes from white card, dipped them in glue and then some Diamond Dust glitter and when dried I positioned them at the top of my card on both sides of my stamped image.
And the prize for this first Challenge is Crafters Companion Ultimate Pro, wow how about that for reason to take part in the Challenge.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic bright and colourful card Shirley. Just perfect for a guy! LOVE your first ever CFM card.
Hugs Viv xx

mueppi said...

What a wonderful card again, Shirley!
I love this cute image and your colours!
Please look at my blog, there is something for you!
Big hugs hun Gisela

Anonymous said...

such cute card
Elma

Unknown said...

A lovely card, the image is fab and those papers look gorgeous too!!
hugs Angela x

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
what a cute card.
The subject is indeed charming, and the papers again a dream.
Hugs
Melodie

Mandy said...

hi Shirley,
fab 1st Dt card it's just right for a man..a beautiful card..
mandy xx

Jessie said...

Fantastic card Shirley :)

Mrs Bs Blog said...

What a fantastic card! Your hubby will be over the moon with it, Shirley. xxx

brenda said...

Super card Shirley, desipte the wonderful contemporary colours about this year, I think the traditional ones still have the edge.

B x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful card!
Hugs

Christa said...

this is a asome card and the paper it have a xfactor hihi very nice xx hugs christa

Enfys said...

That is a super guy card Shirley, good luck with the new challenge blog, I will try very hard to join in.
big hugs
En xx

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, wonderful card. The DT papers you've used are Dovecraft 'Tis the season'.

Looks like your card is a huge success.

Donna xx

Unknown said...

A gorgeous card Shirley.
I wish you luck with the new challenge - I always find cards for men a challenge! lol!

Sheena xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet card!!! Love that image and your design, Shirley! Love your first ever CFM!! Very cheery and colorful!!
hugs,
Chris

Jamee said...

Hi Shirley! Your card is adorable as usual :)

Denise said...

Wow, this is so cute! Great job. Love it. Have a great week my dear.
Hugs~

cats whiskers said...

Can you believe what a bad blogger I am, sorry for not visiting in the last couple of days. I just adore this fun creation dear, fabulous colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Stefanie`s Bastelecke said...

Is ist a bunny, great. Your christmascard is so cute, fantastic colours and created with love.

Hugs
Stefanie

Lavender and old lace said...

what a lovely card Shirleythe papers are so pretty good luck with the challenge love Dorothyxxx

Swaantje said...

Ohhhh what a cute card,Shirley!
The little image is very cute and your colouring on it...is fantastic!

Have a nice evening
Greatings
Swaani

CraftyC said...

Hello Shirley, so sorry I've not been around. Your card is gorgeous, love the colours and a really cute image
Clairexx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card, love the image and papers :o) Lisa x

Barbara said...

Realy brilliant, Shirly!
I love the little mouse.
Hugs Babsi

Rach said...

this is a gorgeous card Shirley,hugs Rach.xx