Friday 3 April 2009

The Young Artist


Firstly I want to thank all those lovely people who left such lovely comments yesterday, Ive not heard as yet from my daughter so I have no idea if Ive been forgiven for not sending her an Easter Card but I will definately keep you informed when or if I do. I didnt think that she would want one but it just goes to show that when mums make cards they do.

Anyway todays card has been made again with one of the Sugar Nellie Home Grown stamps, this one is the Young Artist, it reminds me so much of when I had two of my grandchildren staying when they were quite small, we made some handprint paintings, which I still have stuck up in my wardrobe. Thomas was then about 4 and hes now coming 16 and Chloe was 2 and shes coming 14 so how times flies but their little hands are trapped in the paintings.

Anyway I have again stamped the image onto white card and with my usual Karisma pencils I have coloured it, then cut it out with my Rectangle Nestabilitie Die, Ive then mounted it onto two citrus shades of card, but this time I have cut them out rather than use my dies as I wanted the edge to be a lot smaller.

Ive folded an A4 piece of white card in half and then turned it to the landscape side and layered it up with a piece of Orange Card and a patterned paper, on top of this I have layered another piece of Orange Card and a plainer paper, then the third layer is another patterned paper put this time I have used two different coloured cards, yellow and orange to layer it up.

I have then positioned my stamped image to the bottom right hand corner, and stamped a greeting onto white card with my Just-Rite stamps and cut this out with my Circle Nestabilitie Die, and used the Scalloped edged ones for the two outer mounts, Ive offset them to give it more sparkle and mounted them with foam onto the base card.

To finish of the card Ive again used some buttons and positioned them to the bottom left hand side and two stars at the top on the right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

another fabulous card Shirley, I am sure that your daughter will forgive you. hugs rachxx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Janet said...

A gorgeous card shirley....so colourful! X

Enfys said...

What a lovely bright card Shirley, great image too. I know what you mean about time flying - it only seems like yesterday that my little granddaughter was born, and she is 4 1/2 now - big girl!
hugs
Enfys xx