Sunday 22 March 2009

The Second Sample for Sarah




Todays sample is something that Ive never made before and I do hope the end result pleases not only my many lovely followers but also my friend Sarah.

Its a Notelet and Envelope Set, its been made from Sarahs new CD called Secret Garden, and this set of papers are the Hydrangea ones.

The base of my folder has been made from a piece of A3 white card cut and folded into a 9"x 6.1/2" size, I have even put a spine in the centre to allow for the envelopes to be put in the pouch.

I made the notelets first with one of the scrapbook pages, I used My Craft Studio program to manipulate the size to fit two onto an A4 piece of paper, printed then cut these in half. The envelopes are another of Sarahs creations and I printed a set of these then cut then out and folded and stuck them together. After making them Ive wrapped a piece of a narrow organza ribbon around them and tied a knot.

Ive printed 4 pages of the backing papers and stuck two to the inside and then printed another design paper for the pouch, I have put thin silver peeloffs around the edge and put corners in as well. I didnt want to make the inside to thick so I didnt mount the papers that I used.

But I did mount the two I used for the outside, these were mounted onto pale mauve pearlescent card, then stuck to the front and back of the folder. I then printed a topper onto photo paper and mounted this also onto pale mauve pearlescent card and put several pieces of foam tape on the back, but before sticking to the front of the folder I have laid a wide mauve organza ribbon around the folder then stuck the topper over it to keep it firm.

I then used a greeting from one of my Art Impressions Clear Stamps set and used a mauve inkpad to stamp the greeting straight onto the folder.

4 comments:

rozzyb said...

Truly beautiful. The papers are lovely :)
hugs rozzy xx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Nannie,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Janet said...

This is soooo beautiful Shirely!I am sure your friend will love it.X

sparklybitsblog said...

oh shirley this is beautiful i love it well done x mandy