Thursday 12 March 2009

Braveheart


Todays card was created with one of Sugar Nellie's homegrown stamps, this one is called Braveheart but my name for it is Scaredy Cat.

The image was stamped onto white card and coloured with my Karisma Colouring Pencils these are now being sold as Primsa Pencils, Ive had my set for a quite a time and they are still going strong. After colouring the image I used both a blending and burnishing pencil to blend the colours together. I then cut it out with my Rectangle Wizard Die. I did use a cat's eye ink pad around the edge to take the white away.

The base card has been created from a A4 white card folded in half and cut to a square size, on top of this I have layered two different sizes and colours of green card. I then used my small heart Martha Stewart Border punch to a piece of patterned paper that I had left from my last card. On top of his patterned piece I have put a piece of the dark green card again Ive used my Martha Stewart punch along the edge.

The card was layered as shown and to finish of the card I have stamped a greeting onto white card and this was layered on a piece of a dark green card. The last things I have done to finish of is to stick a multi layered flower to the top and a piece of green cord around the fold and two pieces of glass necklace was then threaded onto the end and a small bead was then used to secure them on the cord.

2 comments:

Rach said...

this is so sweet Shirley, the colours are great that you have used on this card. hugs rachxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous card using braveheart. I totally love it ! hugs Linda x