Wednesday 4 February 2009

A Valentine's Day Card


I made this card out of some of the bits and pieces that I had left from my Love Card, as I didnt want to waste the beautiful paper that I had left.

The base card is a piece of white A4 card folded in half, and on top of this I have layered several pieces of different card and paper. The bottom layer is Red Gloss Card, and on top of this I have layed a piece of my own created Glimmer Mists paper and then used my Martha Stewart Valentine punch to create a border, and again over this layer I have layed a piece of dark vellum and again used the Valentine punch to make a similar border, and of set it from the bottom layer.

The topper was created with one of Stamps from the Harliquin Rose Stamp set from Elusive Images. I started by using my cats eyes and made a background for the stamp to be stamped on then triple embossed it with the UTEE clear embossing powder, around the oval edge I have used my gold pen to cover up the spills of the embossing to neaten it off. This was then stuck to the card. Along the top and bottom of the card I have stuck some white lace paper that I bought in HobbyCrafts at the weekend.

To finish of the card I have wrapped a length of two different pieces of wool and made a heart pendant from shrink plastic. This was a stamped image again from the Harliquin Rose Stamp set, firstly making a hole in the top before shrinking it down, then pushed a split ring through the hole and fed the wool through that. After this I stuck some Red heart jewels along the edge at the bottom between the layers and either side of the oval topper.

No comments: