Thursday 29 January 2009

Springtime Mimi


Heres the second card created with one of the Pink Gem's stamps, this ones called Mimi and Daffodils.

The base card is made from a A4 white card folded in half and on top of which I have laid two pieces of backing paper which I got with my Just Great Papers magazine, on top of this I have layed a piece of white pearlescent card which I have put through my Cuttlebug and embossed with one of my embossing folders. Then I have trimmed either edge of this card with blue rik rak paper border.

The main stamped image was coloured with my Derwent Intense Watercolour pencils and again Ive used my Artquest paints to give it a shine. Once dried I have cut the image out with my Standard Oval Nestabilitie Die and mounted it onto a Dark Blue Mirri Card again cut with a Scalloped Nestabilitie Die. Then stuck to the card slightly to the right side.

Ive made three cornflowers with my cosmos punch and small sun punches moulding and layering each one. This was made basically from three pieces of each, and stuck on top of each other. The leaves were also punched out with one of my leaf punches, then arranged to the left of the stamped image.

To finish of the card I have used one of JustRite Stamps from the Harmony Classic Circle II set, and embossed it with Silver embossing powder and mounted this with the circle Nestabilitie dies in the same way as the stamped image.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Another beautiful Mimi card!X